Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Nebraska Here

Old 06-14-2007, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by histrung
Yeah, it's 22 miles east of Onawa -- here's the site that has a map and pictures: www.peelout.net. A buddy and I swear that, Richard who runs the show, screens the callers... one friend called up there and he said no new memberships this year, the other buddy called saying he was from Elkhorn, and he said come on up and check it out. He gave us a tour, let us run around on the trails, and he gave us a tour of his winery and did some wine tasting.

I'm sure if you run into Richard, he'd let you check out the trails...
Thanks! Ill have to go check it out.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nebraska Boys Driving

In case you haven't seen this vid:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2b0_1180694350

A couple of Nebraska boys out for a ride. Hats off to them!!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

We're in Nebraska at least once a month. My girlfriend is from Central City.

Dont know if you guys have heard of this event. Every year central city has a "Jeep Jamboree". Its not a Jeep sponsored event, more of a "hold my beer and watch this" kind of event. We went last year, had a blast. Basicly all you do fill a cooler with your favorite beverage and go out on the Platte river and splash through puddles and drink. Not sure if they're having it this year, we heard rumors the last time we were there that it was going to be shut down.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepinjason51
We're in Nebraska at least once a month. My girlfriend is from Central City.

Dont know if you guys have heard of this event. Every year central city has a "Jeep Jamboree". Its not a Jeep sponsored event, more of a "hold my beer and watch this" kind of event. We went last year, had a blast. Basicly all you do fill a cooler with your favorite beverage and go out on the Platte river and splash through puddles and drink. Not sure if they're having it this year, we heard rumors the last time we were there that it was going to be shut down.
Keep us informed. Theres a run down to Tuttle Creek (Kansas). Weekend of the 28th. The more the marrier! It will be my first run, cant wait!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey yall on the Eastern side of NE... The Platte river is low, and you can drive down in there down on the North side of the bridge by Louisville. It's at least 'some' fun in between the long trips to Tuttle!

Got stuck twice -- of course because I was intentionally taking a chance and was just testing some of the capabilities... so it was a good time.

Lots of sand...
Old 07-17-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by angbri
Keep us informed. Theres a run down to Tuttle Creek (Kansas). Weekend of the 28th. The more the marrier! It will be my first run, cant wait!
Angbri - Can you pass on the details of this run? We haven't heard of it, but would be in for the fun.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got the date for the Central City Jeep Jamboree/drinking fest. Its august 11th. When we went last year, there were people out wheeling both friday night and saturday night. The main event (if you want to call it that) is Saturday the 11th and starts sometime in the afternoon. We will be heading out of Des Moines Iowa sometime friday afternoon and arriving in central city in the late evening. If anyone is interested in going, let me know. It sounds like alot of people in this thread are around the omaha area and we'll be passing through there so we could meet up somewhere and caravan out. Theres a motel 8 and camping in central city too. Just so everyone understands, its not really any severe wheeling. All you'll be driving through is a dried up river bed with a few large puddles scattered here and there. Its still alot of fun. I'm guessing there were around 100 jeeps there last year. If anyone has anymore questions, send me a private message.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Default 4 WHEELIN/Omaha

I live around 183rd and Pacific and am a new JK Owner. Got it about 4 months ago and had a 4" Superlift suspension put on about 30 days ago and my new wheels and tires are being delivered to my house tomorrow. I've been hitting an area that they are developing at about 197 - 204 and Pacific on South side of Pacific. Actually a good place to have some fun and pretty large. Actually buried my jeep there about 2 months ago. That's a long story. I can laugh now. I'm gonna try out my new tires and suspension there Sunday.

There is an Off Road Park in Tuttle Creek, KS that several friends have told me about that's open to the public. I've been told it's pretty good. I really want to go out and test my new JK and myself. I've ben told it is about 2 1/2 hours from Omaha. Google it and check it out.

Would like to go up SAT/SUN, 09/10 NOV. Anyone interested?

Email is scubane@cox.net
Cell: 402-578-1376

Ed
Old 11-04-2007, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lincoln here. So far, I am one of 4 2-door Rubis in town. So far , the ONLY one lifted or modded. I'll bet that doesnt last long though.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default Just moved back to Omaha!

Hey there! We just moved back to Omaha after being out of state for a few years, and we are expecting...our first new Jeep, that is! We had to sell our Harley's as part of the relocation, so we are looking to find a "jeep family" in this area. We live in La Vista, around 72nd and Giles, for now. Be sure to post with a hello!

Quick Reply: Nebraska Here