Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: What works for you?
Yes, I want to participate and the date is good in my calendar!
90.91%
Yes, I want to participate but that weekend is no good!
9.09%
Not interested in meeting up, I'm a stick in the mud.
0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mid-West Winter Meetup - December 8th @ Disney, OK

Old 11-29-2007, 05:33 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

And so it is written: Because Curtis lives at his school I usually go sign him out on Thursdays and we go to dinner. So we did that tonight at one of our more common places: A Chinese restaurant a couple blocks north of the state capital on Lincoln (his school is just south of the capital). Anyway, after the meal I opened my fortune cookie and get the usual stuff about "tomorrow you'll have a productive day" or some such. I told Curtis I should have received that yesterday, since I had a productive day today cleaning house, buying food for my campout at Wichita Mountains this weekend, and installing the TF sway bay disco's.

Then Curtis opens his fortune cookie: "A four-wheeled adventure will soon bring you happiness." No kidding. And so it is written!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I have plenty of tents and sleeping bags. I can loan you a Coleman pop-up dome tent; an REI 20 degree bag; and a Mountain Hardware 3/4 length sleeping pad. If you stay Saturday and we (Curtis and I) leave Saturday, we need to work out how I can get the gear back. Jeff: When are you returning to MWC?
Mark...no problem...I plan on returning on Sunday afternoon...I'd like to hit a couple trails on Sunday morning...I could definitely get the camping gear back to you.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

And so it is written: Because Curtis lives at his school I usually go sign him out on Thursdays and we go to dinner. So we did that tonight at one of our more common places: A Chinese restaurant a couple blocks north of the state capital on Lincoln (his school is just south of the capital). Anyway, after the meal I opened my fortune cookie and get the usual stuff about "tomorrow you'll have a productive day" or some such. I told Curtis I should have received that yesterday, since I had a productive day today cleaning house, buying food for my campout at Wichita Mountains this weekend, and installing the TF sway bay disco's.

Then Curtis opens his fortune cookie: "A four-wheeled adventure will soon bring you happiness." No kidding. And so it is written!
That's awesome...hopefully it doesn't mean you'll get stuck in the wichita mountains...ha ha ha
Old 11-29-2007, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thumperk15
I'm still trying to get ready for this trip. I have a 1inch body lift coming tomorrow and I'll have that on but I'm still trying to get a 2.5BB on also. I have 35's and no lift and I don't want to get stuck behind and not be able it go where everyone else does.
Thumper...I wouldn't worry about getting stuck with 35's even if you don't get the BB installed...you might have some rubbing though...gives you an excuse for flat fenders...when PJ get's theirs in production next May??? I am getting a set...
Old 11-30-2007, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rescue X
Thumper...I wouldn't worry about getting stuck with 35's even if you don't get the BB installed...you might have some rubbing though...gives you an excuse for flat fenders...when PJ get's theirs in production next May??? I am getting a set...
I plan on getting flat fenders, right now I just have custom flat stocks...lol...not to pretty but I kinda planned on getting the Xenon flat fenders but who knows I may hold off for others that will be coming out. I still get rubbing but I HAD to cut my stocks up because I was rubbing real bad and atleast now I can get some flex.

Last edited by thumperk15; 12-03-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 AM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rescue X
Very cool Doc...I'll have my 7 yo son as well...
I'm planning to bring my 7 year old son also. Look forward to meeting everyone. HBC
Old 11-30-2007, 11:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sleeping bags I may need one of thoughs by the 8th because its gonna be COLD. Come to think of it I don't have a tent either. I may need to go do some tent and sleeping bag shopping .
I still can't commit, but I might be able to provide some floor space for those who can't fit in tents. It'll probably be a game day decision, but if anything everyone will be able to come over and we'll hang out. Should be good times.

I'm still trying to get ready for this trip. I have a 1inch body lift coming tomorrow and I'll have that on but I'm still trying to get a 2.5BB on also. I have 35's and no lift and I don't want to get stuck behind and not be able it go where everyone else does.
I'm running stock, so no worries!

Hunan Garden! Yum...I know the owners.

Originally Posted by HBC
I'm planning to bring my 7 year old son also. Look forward to meeting everyone. HBC
Looking forward to meet you all as well!

Sounds like we should have enough for a party! Perhaps a poker game is in order?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like everyone else is camping... i won't be bringing a sleeping bag but i will be bringing a credit card for the hotel room!
man, i'm getting anxious!

lol i couldn't find the thread only to realize we're stickied now! we made it to the big time!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davebloomer
sounds like everyone else is camping... i won't be bringing a sleeping bag but i will be bringing a credit card for the hotel room!
man, i'm getting anxious!

lol i couldn't find the thread only to realize we're stickied now! we made it to the big time!
Lol! The hotel rooms should be cheap. I bet if a few of you are getting one they'll give you a break too. Keep that in mind - as its dead this time of year up there. I'm sure the local hotels would LOVE to have you.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Lol! The hotel rooms should be cheap. I bet if a few of you are getting one they'll give you a break too. Keep that in mind - as its dead this time of year up there. I'm sure the local hotels would LOVE to have you.
that is a really good thought!
if any of you other guys are getting a room let me know either on here or PM me.. we can "wheel" and deal with the hotels LOL (i love a good pun)

Quick Reply: Mid-West Winter Meetup - December 8th @ Disney, OK