Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: What works for you?
Yes, I want to participate and the date is good in my calendar!
90.91%
Yes, I want to participate but that weekend is no good!
9.09%
Not interested in meeting up, I'm a stick in the mud.
0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mid-West Winter Meetup - December 8th @ Disney, OK

Old 11-29-2007, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, check this out!
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/rubicon-limo-21682/

We gotta get one of these and we can all ride together when we go wheeling... . seriously this thing is kinda, well,
Old 11-29-2007, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im still in...... However i have to be cautious due to the fact that the wifes caddie is in need of repair and i cant afford to break ANYTHING this go around. I'll probably catch some of the obstacles from someone elses windshield for a change. There should be plenty of empty seats for some to check out the extreme stuff without using our own rigs.

On a side note i'll have my 2 kids 9 yo son and 8 yo daughter with me and we should be there about 7-8 am sat .
Old 11-29-2007, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Docwinkle
Im still in...... However i have to be cautious due to the fact that the wifes caddie is in need of repair and i cant afford to break ANYTHING this go around. I'll probably catch some of the obstacles from someone elses windshield for a change. There should be plenty of empty seats for some to check out the extreme stuff without using our own rigs.

On a side note i'll have my 2 kids 9 yo son and 8 yo daughter with me and we should be there about 7-8 am sat .
I don't know about anyone else but I can't afford to break anything either.

Last edited by thumperk15; 12-03-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Yes, I'm still in moving hell, but I am in Enid as of last week. And just to clarify you all keep saying next weekend -- we're all still talking about Dec 8th right?

As of today I'm still a go for that weekend. I still can't commit 100% due to all the BS i'm dealing with on my house, but chances are really good. I should know for sure by this weekend, the 1st.
The movers just packed everything up today...sleeping bags on the floor for a few days, then to the in-laws.

Yes...still talking about 8 Dec...
Old 11-29-2007, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I may need to go do some tent and sleeping bag shopping .

Last edited by thumperk15; 12-03-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thumperk15
Sleeping bags I may need one of thoughs by the 8th because its gonna be COLD. Come to think of it I don't have a tent either. I may need to go do some tent and sleeping bag shopping .
Mark...can you raid the scout stuff for an extra tent? Thumper...Mark may be able to hook you up...

You will definitely need a sleeping bag though...or at least a lot of blankets...
Old 11-29-2007, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Docwinkle

Very cool Doc...I'll have my 7 yo son as well...
Old 11-29-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rescue X
Mark...can you raid the scout stuff for an extra tent? Thumper...Mark may be able to hook you up...

You will definitely need a sleeping bag though...or at least a lot of blankets...
I will be sure to bring ALOT of blankets or a sleeping bag, who knows maybe both . As far as you guys bringing your kids, thats really cool, its a bunch of guys/girls hanging out. The more the better I know I would have loved to go camping and stuff like that when I was young. The more people the better.

Last edited by thumperk15; 12-03-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 1inch body lift coming tomorrow and I'll have that on but I'm still trying to get a 2.5BB on also. I have 35's and no lift and I don't want to get stuck behind and not be able it go where everyone else does.

Last edited by thumperk15; 12-03-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:26 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by thumperk15
Sleeping bags I may need one of thoughs by the 8th because its gonna be COLD. Come to think of it I don't have a tent either. I may need to go do some tent and sleeping bag shopping .
I have plenty of tents and sleeping bags. I can loan you a Coleman pop-up dome tent; an REI 20 degree bag; and a Mountain Hardware 3/4 length sleeping pad. If you stay Saturday and we (Curtis and I) leave Saturday, we need to work out how I can get the gear back. Jeff: When are you returning to MWC?

Quick Reply: Mid-West Winter Meetup - December 8th @ Disney, OK