Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: What works for you?
Yes, I want to participate and the date is good in my calendar!
90.91%
Yes, I want to participate but that weekend is no good!
9.09%
Not interested in meeting up, I'm a stick in the mud.
0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mid-West Winter Meetup - December 8th @ Disney, OK

Old 12-01-2007, 03:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rescue X
Bring the dog along...
I have our Jeep club's Christmas party at 4 Wheeler Supply in Springfield on Friday night, then was going to stay the night there. I can't bring him there. I was going to head out for Disney the next morning if I can find someone to watch him. Plus he's never been wheeling, he may puke all over the Jeep.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thumperk15
We had 10 people going to Disney on here and you backed out on us...LOL...its cool theres always a next time.

What about these sand dunes?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks4ug...eature=related
search for little sahara oklahoma.
it's oklahoma's little gem. other than the sooners its the best thing about this state

and if u ever get to make it to the dunes thumper i wanna see you do this in your jeep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3HQd...eature=related

Last edited by davebloomer; 12-01-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soory to hear ya not makin it Dave. Maybe we'll catch ya next time.

Hey fellas 6 days and counting. Im getting hiper over this.

wish i had my lift and winch, but i dont soon so soon
Old 12-02-2007, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davebloomer
it's oklahoma's little gem. other than the sooners its the best thing about this state

and if u ever get to make it to the dunes thumper i wanna see you do this in your jeep
I can't see the videos right now because I have dial-up and its slow and to you guys out there that don't know just how slooooowwww it is it runs at the fastest...36Kbps... .

Last edited by thumperk15; 12-03-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davebloomer

Yeah we'll have to do a little sahara trip - especially now that I'm so close to it being in Enid. Disney is actually farther away from me now, which sucks.

My name is Fred. Jack is my internet predator name.

And that brings me to the good news, I'm officially CONFIRMED for disney. I busted my fucking balls yesterday in OKC to get my house done. It's not 100% done but its done enough that I can take a weekend off for the first time in 3 months(!).

So, since its a 3hour+ drive for me, I'm planning on heading up Friday night. Like I've mentioned before, theres a ton of space around our houses for camping or you can camp at the state camp grounds down the road.

I can probably provide some floor/couch space to a few people, but depending on how many show I don't want to promise anything to anyone. I would come prepared to camp and anything otherwise will be a bonus. Please PM me and let me know if you need a place to crash and I can start figuring who/how many I can accommodate.

Here's a couple maps of key locations in Disney for your reference:

Old 12-03-2007, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by thumperk15
... I can't wait I want to go soooo bad I can't sleep at night thinking about the trip...and freezing my _____ of at night. I hope it was as nice a yesterday it was 67 here....nice ....
I was camping this weekend. Not too cold until Sunday morning, but it was wet and raining and misty and did I mention that everything was wet? Nonetheless, had a great time with the Boy Scouts at Charon's Garden.

If you haven't been there, believe it or not that is Oklahoma! (No off-road vehicle traffic, though).

Jack--Curtis and I are planning at camping at your place Friday night. The lawn will be fine for us. How do we recognize your place?

Got the TF quick disco's installed--can't wait to check out that flex!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Jack--Curtis and I are planning at camping at your place Friday night. The lawn will be fine for us. How do we recognize your place?

Got the TF quick disco's installed--can't wait to check out that flex!
Mark,

Easy - once you drive past Mooney's Sunset Bar and Grill you'll enter our small neighborhood. Our houses are the last 2 on the right. The first (smaller) is a yellowish color, the 2nd (larger) a brown color. There's plenty of camping space wide open after the 2nd house all the way down to the end of the peninsula. You can also camp in between our houses on the lawn there as well.

If in doubt just give me a call on my cell - (580) 551-9012. The phone at the house is (918) 435-4232, and I'll only answer if I'm there - no machine. I'll plan on leaving as soon as possible Friday, so I hope to be there no later than 9-10pm. Hopefully it'll only take me about 3 hours.

Docwinkle, do you know where/when the tulsa club is meeting? Could we get some details on their cleanup run?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What time are you guys planning on heading out Saturday morning? I am guessing about a 2 1/2 hr drive from Springfield in the A.M. I am still trying to find a dogsitter.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok the club meeting is tue night. Mark Q says to check the calender on the site on wedsday he should have it updated with the info.

http://extreme4wheelin.com/main.htm

He thinks it will be around 9 am at Hogans.

And FYI he says the trails last time where pretty messed up. So it should be a good day of wheelin....lol

My cell # 918-605-4450
Old 12-03-2007, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jack sounds great...glad you are able to get away...

I am getting excited as well...

See you all on Sat...

Quick Reply: Mid-West Winter Meetup - December 8th @ Disney, OK