Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Welder in houston? I have a small welding job.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Super Stroked
Where bouts are you?? I'm assuming your somewhere in Texas, specifically Houston and not California like you status says. But Houston is a LARGE city!!
Im in kingwood, been here about a month now and havent really been out of the immediate area.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would definitely be interested in this. I have a brand new hobart welder in the garage that i bought to learn with, so now is as good a time as any.

Id love to turn it into a mod party, but not sure my new lift kit will be here by then.

Sunday works best for me too.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:38 PM
JK Freak

so lets plan on sunday, i can get one or two jeeps in our garage at a time for welding...only have one welder and one 50a
connection so im not sure if it matters...maybe prep one while welding on another.

this isnt necessarily a one shot deal - we can do a few then plan another time to do others - so folks dont have to panic trying to get parts in time.

im happy to let folks try welding themselves, i sure Super Stroked & I are happy to stand back, point and tell folks what to do...
i dont have much scrap, can try and obtain some, so folks can play around a become familiar w/ welding themselves...like Super Stroked im no expert nor am i willing to assume any liability - but were not talking about parts that your life likely will depend on.

im more of a pay it forward guy, help each other out, make some friends and have a good time bench racing.

i probably have enough supplies for this job - and we can either put out a tin cup for donations (grinder, mig wire, electric & argon) or folks can barter crap - i might even be able to refresh the garage keggerator w/ a new keg if folks are willing to share the expense and of course suck up to my wife (so we can do this again)
Old 07-16-2012, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the way you think! I work Sunday but if we are thinking that's a for sure day I can try to get someone to work for me. If not like you said, another date. My welding job is fairly simple I think.. Need to weld washers to the track bar bracket where my stabilizer mounts too.... User error on the install
Old 07-17-2012, 04:10 AM
JK Freak

I don't have anything that needs to be welded but you guys are making me think about getting something.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I get my welding done at a local muffler shop for cash go to a place that does custom mufflers / systems and they will certainly set you up.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

last check before i head out - anyone want a set of JK unlim rubi rails ?

Im in austin and know where some unlimited rubi-rails are....i already grabbed a set for myself (im gonna cut 'em to fit my 2 door).
I head back laster this afternoon & the guy has another set.....ill be happy to haul a second set back w/ me if someone wants 'em
Old 07-17-2012, 06:25 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=bushpilot;3118435]
Im in austin and know where some unlimited rubi-rails are....i already grabbed a set for myself (im gonna cut 'em to fit my 2 door).
QUOTE]

Sweet. I've already thought of the process and how we can cut them to fit and get em welded up to look stock. Grab some undercoating/bedliner type material or paint for after the welding is done.

on a side note, I should have went with you... Today is DEAD here in the office....... may call it an early day.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=Super Stroked;3118506]
Originally Posted by bushpilot
QUOTE]

Sweet. I've already thought of the process and how we can cut them to fit and get em welded up to look stock. Grab some undercoating/bedliner type material or paint for after the welding is done.

on a side note, I should have went with you... Today is DEAD here in the office....... may call it an early day.
no need to weld - just cut the extra length off (needed on an unlimited) & bolt them right up
the black plastic end caps pop off and right back into the newly cut end.

you missed a good meal and a HUGE suite (complements of HHonors) !
Old 07-17-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I wanna go!!!

I have tin can money, plastic cups, about 32 pairs of vice grips, and nothing to weld but light tabs on my XRC bumper at this point... But I would love to come and help. I have a Sawz-All and a drill press also.

Quick Reply: Welder in houston? I have a small welding job.