Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Welder in houston? I have a small welding job.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Super Stroked

Yup, We did gussets and control arm skids in his driveway. Didn't take too long. Prep work is the pain in my opinion. I have a 220A Lincoln (don't remember model) at the ranch i could possibly bring up and we could possibly knock them out quick. I'm not a awesome welder, but all of my welds have held over the years. May not be pretty, but they aren't bad. I like to refer to myself as a farm welder.
Farm welder, my favorite. I'd trust farm welds over show welds on the trail any day. Any ways, what c gussets are you guys using? I need to order some. Rusty's has an all weld c gusset and axle gusset kit for a very affordable price. Otherwise I was gonna see if I could get evo's kit with sleeves. I appreciate the recommendations.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i guess, if we dont go to marble falls this weekend - we could do it as early as sunday.

need to probably figure out how many want this done....to figure out if we need to limit it to TWO events or something (HOA gets pissed when it looks like a 4WD, DIESEL truck shop in the driveway).

anyone have any parts to barter ?

I guess too, we could always do it at the APARTMENT (since i have lots of room & 50A service there too).

how many we talkin'....4 or 5 ?

when we did Super Stroked he just soaked towels in cold water to minimize the heat transfer...worked well (bring your own OLD towel).
Old 07-16-2012, 12:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Default This looks...

... Like the ideal situation to come together off the JK forum! Im glad yall are getting this done!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm down to do it this Sunday if people are in town. Name the beer and any equipment I'll need to bring.

As for parts to barter, I'll have 5 Sahara 18" wheels and Bridgestone duellers, painted black Sahara fenders, front driveshaft, and takeoff suspension coils, shocks, and parts all from my new 4 door 2012 Sahara jku with about 2000 miles on it. Oh, and I have a carpeted custom made wood rear storage area that I made with a security lock box (big enough for a carry piece, magazines, wallet, and stuff) for a 07-2010 4 door. That'll be available too.

Of course I'd like to get in line for some welding, but if we limit the number of people, I understand. I'm just moving to town and I'd like to learn and meet some jeepers as much as get the welding done.

I hope this happens. I'll look into ordering a gusset kit soon if it does.

CosmoKramer
Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 PM
JK Freak

My dad has a shop in the back of his house with a 220v hookup and a lift that I'm sure we can use to keep the HOA's happy(He is on a commercial property.)
Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

I have a set of stock fenders, and a stock track bar.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bushpilot
i guess, if we dont go to marble falls this weekend - we could do it as early as sunday.
marble falls could still happen, just come home early....

Originally Posted by bushpilot
need to probably figure out how many want this done....to figure out if we need to limit it to TWO events or something (HOA gets pissed when it looks like a 4WD, DIESEL truck shop in the driveway).

Kinda like when we had my superduty torn apart for a few days....
Old 07-16-2012, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Default love to weld!!

I did a few years of welding at a trade school back in California, only problem is my welder is back there also, id love to be the go to welder for y'all eventually! On another note....anybody know of any meet and greets comin up? i need to meet some new people besides my girlfriend!!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 11bravowrangler
I did a few years of welding at a trade school back in California, only problem is my welder is back there also, id love to be the go to welder for y'all eventually! On another note....anybody know of any meet and greets comin up? i need to meet some new people besides my girlfriend!!!!
Where bouts are you?? I'm assuming your somewhere in Texas, specifically Houston and not California like you status says. But Houston is a LARGE city!!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

we could do 6 or 8 easily i think...jeeps are small right we can get 6 in the driveway pretty easily.
Im good w/ sunday.

HEY im interested int he 18 inch wheels and tires...ive got the cast 17s w/ "street" tread... on 'em, w/ little wear.
just picked up a set of unlimited rubi-rails (gonna cut 'em down for my 2 door).

Anyone want of unlimited rubi-rails i know where there are some (just pm me, by MORNING so we can agree on price and i can bring 'em back w/ me).

Quick Reply: Welder in houston? I have a small welding job.