Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Welder in houston? I have a small welding job.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Welder in houston? I have a small welding job.

Anyone a welder/part time welder/ know a welder in Houston willing to do some work for cash or trade? I'm thinking of getting Rusty's Dana 30 axle gusset kit to strengthen my D30 in preparation for 35" tires.

To trade, I would have a new 4 door 2012 auto front drive shaft (after I remove it) or 4 door sahara side steps. If that's not what you need, I could pay cash too.

Let me know some pricing, or if you know of a shop that won't rake me over the coals, let me know.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Default I just read...

... about a hammer-in sleeve kit somewhere on this forum. I am following this thread now, as I am curios about what you find. I may know a guy in Katy, but his phone got turned off- a bad sign.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed to this thread. I order the press in sleeves, but have some C Gussets coming I would like welded in.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had my EVO gussets welded by a shop in Pasadena and I can't remember a price but I'm sure it was nothing outrageous. I wish welding was a craft I knew how to do. PM for info. Good luck
Old 07-16-2012, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Default An idea...

... Harbor Freight sells welders for $100. Lets pitch in and get a Houston JK welder we can learn with! I cant justify having a DIY welding shop in my appartment though- I tried.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

I have a hobart 125ez, but it's only rated to 3/16" I thought about giving it a try, but I prefer someone that has the right tools and actually knows how to weld properly.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 AM
JK Freak

ive got a Hobart/Miller 185 MIG....we've done gussets on Super Stroked's Rubicon, no big deal.
if somoen is willing to pay for the wire and some beer i can do 'em in my driveway.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

What days are you usually free? I would be happy to pay for both, and some more for your time . My only issue are my work hours. The only day I am off is Sunday, and even then I'm usually at work(But can make it a point not to be if you are available.)
Old 07-16-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm down to pay for both too. Interested in doing gussets especially. From a time standpoint, I could do any day in the next two weeks because of free time before a new job. Hopefully we could find a day to maximize participation. I'm down though for sure!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bushpilot
ive got a Hobart/Miller 185 MIG....we've done gussets on Super Stroked's Rubicon, no big deal.
if somoen is willing to pay for the wire and some beer i can do 'em in my driveway.
Yup, We did gussets and control arm skids in his driveway. Didn't take too long. Prep work is the pain in my opinion. I have a 220A Lincoln (don't remember model) at the ranch i could possibly bring up and we could possibly knock them out quick. I'm not a awesome welder, but all of my welds have held over the years. May not be pretty, but they aren't bad. I like to refer to myself as a farm welder.

Quick Reply: Welder in houston? I have a small welding job.