Notices
JL Member Write-Ups Forum for member authored stories of first impressions, experiences and regrets concerning their JL. Please do not post technical questions in this forum.

A/C shuts off on specific schedule

Old 08-22-2021, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A/C shuts off on specific schedule

A/C shuts off while driving in 2018 Wrangler Sahara Limited while driving. Happens every 10 miles or so in town and every 30-40 minutes on highway. Dealer service rep says it’s common on 2017 & 2018’s. Does not matter what temp a/c is set to or if you are in recirculate or not. Only last for couple of minutes but I live in Florida and it feels like heat comes on when this happens.
Anyone have success in fixing this issue?
Old 08-22-2021, 12:42 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by oldnavygunner
Dealer service rep says it’s common on 2017 & 2018’s.
That is great, did they happen to say what the common fix is? What the hell......I mean they can't say that is just normal. Could be various issues. Currently trouble shooting son's a/c issue on a different car where it stops working 90 minutes into a drive. HIs appears to be the evap freezing up......the reason being either low refrigerant or bad evap sensor, yet to be determined as he's off at college. Given his evap is taking 90 minutes to freeze up kinda makes me think that is not your issue, so this could be compressor, compressor clutch, evaporator valve, or pressure sensor. When you really start digging into ac systems they aren't that complicated, though they can seem intimidating as they aren't super familiar to most.

Quick Reply: A/C shuts off on specific schedule