Notices
JL CB & HAM Radios All topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JL Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

CB Antenna- Firestik- Broke right away

Old 10-20-2021, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB Antenna- Firestik- Broke right away

I wanted to fly a flag behind the jeep and so I bought a Firestik and a sleeve plus flag.......well the sleeve did not fit the firestik very well and i had to rig it to stay up at the top an the firestik swung around like crazy! It was smacking the back of the jeep hard and then it just snapped off in the wind. Did i get the wrong firestik? i went wtih 4 foot and 5/8''. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good site to get an antenna for flying flags as well as a good selection of flags?
Old 02-08-2022, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Probably too long. Depending on how the antenna is mounted, select the length so only length of the flag is exposed above the Jeep roof or soft top. I normally run with 3 ft Firestik, but I switch to 2 footer when flying the flag.

I took this pic while camping on the White Rim trail, Island in the Sky, Moab, UT.

As you can see the antenna mount sits up high, and I have the spring base, raising the mount even higher. I used tie wraps to tie the flag, making sure flag is positioned towards the rear when flying.​​​​​​​

Last edited by thunderstrike; 02-08-2022 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply: CB Antenna- Firestik- Broke right away