Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Yellow Fog Light Mod with X-Pel Film

Old 11-08-2007, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsfan28
I love the look on Rescue Green... I'm there!
Do you have any pics with the lights on? How does it effect the quality of the light when driving?
I keep forgetting to take some pictures at night! I need to do that ASAP. The quality of light was really unaffected. I'm sure some lumens will be reduced since there is a filter but it really isn't noticeable.

I'm with everyone though, I love the yellow look with the Rescue Green. The look just fits for some reason.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
If he doesn't, you'll see mine soon. With headlights. Then it will really look like a frog. Or leezard.
I'm looking forward to seeing yours with the headlights done. I think it'll look great!
Old 11-08-2007, 06:34 AM
JK Junkie

DrMcNinja - are Yellow headlights legal?
I know that this likely varies by state, but I remember reading a good article written by the forum-famous Daniel Stern, and he cited European studies showing that Yellow light is actually perceived better by the eye, and that it's (subjectively) "better" than white/bluish light... so I'd like to try this as well, but not if it will result in a big fat ticket!
Old 11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
DrMcNinja - are Yellow headlights legal?
Probably not. But then again, I live in a state where people routinely don't have license plates, so I don't worry too much. I could probably get a ticket for them if I was doing something else, but with all the old cars here having yellowed lights, I can't imagine that I would get a primary offense for headlight colors.
Then again, if I did get pulled over, there would probably be enough other things to get ticketed for as well.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Night time pictures have been added.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

Hopefully will be getting my Rescue Green this week - what bulb is the fog light? I actually bought yellow bulbs for my Civic's daytime running lights and those looked bad ass because when they're off there's a yellowish reflection with the chrome that looks more, well European I guess or less like you're looking out of fishing glasses or Blue Blockers. eBay had the lights for $15 and they were the 9005s (dual element) so I would imagine these being much cheaper for the bulbs. If someone could let me know what bulb it is then I'll happily be the first to try it out and post pics.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

Well I went to Sylvania.com and if they're right then the '07 fog lights are 9145

I found the same brand of lights I have on my car that have lasted 8 months and going and these are $24.50 for the pair on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H10-9...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-12-2007, 09:23 PM
JK Newbie

Actually this is the exact guy I bought them from and they're a little cheaper...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-N...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-13-2007, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also bought the replacement bulbs that are I beleive 2500K which should put out a good yellow light. Hope to get them tomorrow. I go the Luminics brand since I have heard good things about them. Around $30 for the pair shipped. Will post somke pics when I get them in.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Well, I attempted the headlight films, and X-pel needs to do something to their mold first before anyone else tries this. Even using a heating gun, lights on, in the sunlight, with soap (instead of alcohol), I could not get the headlight covers to come together the way they apparently think they will. They come looking like a fat maltese cross, so in theory when you put it on the incredibly round surface of the headlight they would not bunch up like one giant disk would. That being said, they don't come all they way together, leaving a 1-2mm gap in 4 spots on the headlight, which I couldn't tolerate. I guess they looked fine if you were more than 20 feet away, but I am too anal for this. Thus, I didn't even attempt the second headlight.
Foglight covers work and look excellent though.

Quick Reply: Yellow Fog Light Mod with X-Pel Film