Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

window storage option

Old 05-07-2008, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Window Mortar Tube

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
It would have to be the short way (left to right) as the window is wider than the trunk by a couple of inches.
(if the pipe was long enough to hold them with the rear rolled the long way it would be about 51~52" wide, it wouldnt fit on the floor behind the seat. At least not in the 2dr. In the 4 dr. it might because it would be in front of the wheel wells?)

• I am curious about longer term storage in a tight roll effecting the bottom channel.
  • How do the soft top windows come from the factory when the dual top option is ordered?? Are they rolled the short way or the long way?
  • Has anyone left them sit rolled for extended periods yet? If so, did they unroll and install without issue, or was it difficult to get them unrolled etc.?
I don't like the idea either. I was thinking I could make it longer, then mount it vertical...
Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by YellowToy
I don't like the idea either. I was thinking I could make it longer, then mount it vertical...
The side windows need to be rolled side to side. I think they would get ruined top to bottom. THe rear window will roll either way.

They are folded over a cardboard tube side to side when they are shipped.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how long can you keep them rolled up before it becomes and issue?
Old 05-08-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Battscrew
how long can you keep them rolled up before it becomes and issue?
Its no problem, your jeep just looks like an AMC Oacer for about a week!

Just kidding!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a rear husky liner. I put the interior to interior sides of the windows together and lift up the husky liner, and put the windows under it. It hides them, they do not move around and so far no scratches. This looks like a good idea, just not on my list.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:36 PM
no9
JK Newbie

I love this site. Laying awake at 3am I thought what about a hard pipe for my windows. Everytime I do that all i really need to do is do a search.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by captsam54
Right direction anyhow.. There is something they make like that out there.. Just a little bigger around..

How about those folding camp chair bags??

Seen those Harley give away blankets that roll up.. ?

You could open that up, throw it across your hood, slide in the windows..(if it had flannel pockets) and roll it back up.. throw it in the back, serves as a pillow..!!
I have one of those, I will try it..!!
i got one of those blankets and that's how i store mine. nice n' soft and so far no scratches. mine also has straps w/plastic clips to keep the roll nice n' tite and serve as a handle!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:22 PM
JK Freak

Old 04-21-2009, 03:24 AM
JK Newbie

Are all 3 windows rolled up in there??? Can they stay in there long term?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm gonna give this a bump because it looks like a good idea and I searched and searched and couldn't find the answer to my question anywhere.

Does anyone know if something like this would fit behind the seat of a 2dr with subwoofer? Or how about the Mopar bag? I know the Clover Patch bag wouldn't fit since the rear window is rolled length-wise so it would be too long, but I'm hoping either this PVC solution or the mopar bag, since they roll the windows side to side, might fit in the trunk even with a subwoofer. Anyone know?

Quick Reply: window storage option