Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

window storage option

Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captsam54
Right direction anyhow.. There is something they make like that out there.. Just a little bigger around..

How about those folding camp chair bags??

Seen those Harley give away blankets that roll up.. ?

You could open that up, throw it across your hood, slide in the windows..(if it had flannel pockets) and roll it back up.. throw it in the back, serves as a pillow..!!
I have one of those, I will try it..!!
UHH OHH< I can see it next year in the Jeep Mopar accessories package..!!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would throw a fleece blanket across your hood, you might dent it!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Is there something i'm missing? Went to homedepot and got the 6 inch pvc, and some felt to roll between the windows.
Now, the problem is, i can't roll the windows tight enough to get them to fit into the pipe, if i roll left to right, the roll is more than a half inch too thick, and i can't roll them top to bottom because the plastic that clips into the door surround is too rigid to roll.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, I must say this is one of the BEST budget mods I've seen on this sight. I saw it and kinda when "DOH!" Why didn't I think of that!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:20 AM
JK Junkie

just make the pipe longer, roll the rear window from the bottom up, and instead of it laying on the floor it should fit on top of the wheel wells, going across the rear. thats where I toss my tailgate bar anyways

Last edited by racer83l; 05-06-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:24 AM
JK Jedi

I leave the window bar mounted to the jeep. I roll all my windows side to side. I have made a cotton 3 layer envelope to seperate them. I'm sure I could roll my windows tighter than I do and stuff them in the pipe, but I prefer a looser roll (9"), put a strap around them, and place them in a little canvas duffle bag instead.

At least that is what I used to do. For Christmas, Santa got himself a Mopar window bag. I like it a lot. When not in use, I hang it flat on the garage wall. When traveling, it rolls up and buckles in a roll.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I leave the window bar mounted to the jeep. I roll all my windows side to side. I have made a cotton 3 layer envelope to seperate them. I'm sure I could roll my windows tighter than I do and stuff them in the pipe, but I prefer a looser roll (9"), put a strap around them, and place them in a little canvas duffle bag instead.

At least that is what I used to do. For Christmas, Santa got himself a Mopar window bag. I like it a lot. When not in use, I hang it flat on the garage wall. When traveling, it rolls up and buckles in a roll.
Rubimon,

I am thinking about getting the Mopar bag. Do you know how it compares to the Clover one also on this site a lot?

I love this mod , but I like the fact the mopar bag can be hung while the hard top is on....
Old 05-07-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JLightning9
Rubimon,

I am thinking about getting the Mopar bag. Do you know how it compares to the Clover one also on this site a lot?

I love this mod , but I like the fact the mopar bag can be hung while the hard top is on....
I was going to do the cloverbag also at one point. That is basically what I was doing but just using a duffle bag instead of a stuff sack. I just like how the Mopar bag zips shut all the way around. I can then hang them stored flat or roll them up without a hassle. I have two spring clamps screwed to the wall and I clip it in there. I suppose I could just hanfg it on the strap too but that would put stress where the strap is sewn to the bag. Being in California my windows are stowed 90% of the time.

I usually run with no top or bikini along with a duster cover most of the year.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

now that is a great idea i never want to keep the windows in the jeep cause im always afraid they are going to get scratched. im going to have to do that. great thinking.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:25 AM
JK Jedi

Notice how the window bar fits nicely in the crotch of the spring clamps too.

Quick Reply: window storage option