Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

window storage option

Old 05-16-2007, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default storage option

hope it works for all who try...just givin' back to the best jeep forum around!!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Default it has been unofficially named!!!

the soft top "zooka". all rights unreserved
Old 05-16-2007, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Damn! I am gonna do that myself! Thanks!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:59 PM
JK Freak

Do you have the rear window rolled from left to right instead of bottom to top? If so will that tight roll "white stress" the plastic channel at the bottom of the window, where it connects to the tail gate bar.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default window roll

rear window is rolled left to right...channel is rolled on the inside.....no damage.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:33 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BJeepJK
Do you have the rear window rolled from left to right instead of bottom to top? If so will that tight roll "white stress" the plastic channel at the bottom of the window, where it connects to the tail gate bar.
It would have to be the short way (left to right) as the window is wider than the trunk by a couple of inches.
(if the pipe was long enough to hold them with the rear rolled the long way it would be about 51~52" wide, it wouldnt fit on the floor behind the seat. At least not in the 2dr. In the 4 dr. it might because it would be in front of the wheel wells?)

Originally Posted by LEGEND
rear window is rolled left to right...channel is rolled on the inside.....no damage.
  • I am curious about longer term storage in a tight roll effecting the bottom channel.
  • How do the soft top windows come from the factory when the dual top option is ordered?? Are they rolled the short way or the long way?
  • Has anyone left them sit rolled for extended periods yet? If so, did they unroll and install without issue, or was it difficult to get them unrolled etc.?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The windows came from the factory in a box folded in half. Also it was bent over a cardboard roll thaqt was about 4-5" in diameter.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
That really is a good idea. I am going to have to add that one to my list.
The list of hard objects in the back is getting bigger/longer...

How about one of those long beer can cooler slings no one ever uses but has...???
You know the one that came with the soft sided cooler package.. ?? I think you gave it to your brother..:<)
Old 05-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by captsam54
The list of hard objects in the back is getting bigger/longer...

How about one of those long beer can cooler slings no one ever uses but has...???
You know the one that came with the soft sided cooler package.. ?? I think you gave it to your brother..:<)
I have one of those strapped to the rollbar with my first aid junk & a couple rain ponchos etc. in it...

One wouldnt hold them all. wonder how much it would stress the harder plastic... hmmm... that'd be pretty tight, but it may work?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I have one of those strapped to the rollbar with my first aid junk & a couple rain ponchos etc. in it...

One wouldnt hold them all. wonder how much it would stress the harder plastic... hmmm... that'd be pretty tight, but it may work?
Right direction anyhow.. There is something they make like that out there.. Just a little bigger around..

How about those folding camp chair bags??

Seen those Harley give away blankets that roll up.. ?

You could open that up, throw it across your hood, slide in the windows..(if it had flannel pockets) and roll it back up.. throw it in the back, serves as a pillow..!!
I have one of those, I will try it..!!

Quick Reply: window storage option