Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

WeatherTech Side Window Deflector Write-Up

Old 03-11-2008, 04:39 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by toad
What about wind deflection? I know that having a 2-door, the wind tends to just come straight in from the sides. I don't have a back window to roll down to let the air flow thru. Do these help with that at all?

I have the Mopar ones on mine, I had these weathertech ones on my old F150 and love them, had they been out two years ago, i would have probably gotten these instead. No complaints with the Mopars, i just like the in channel ones better.

As for the Mopar ones, They do help slightly in blocking some of the wind coming in the window. I have my seat all the way back, so for me not enough, but the better half is far shorter and they helped her bunches.

Oh, I have found that if you unzip both sides of the rear window up about 2, maybe 3 inches, it lets the air flow through and doesnt pop the side windows in quite as much at highway speeds. It is only marginally effective, but helps some.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the WeatherTech installed on my 4dr (front doors only) since December and they work GREAT! There is NO wind noise with window closed, and compared to before less noise when window is cracked 1". This is my third vehicle with in-channel deflectors and I have not experienced the increased wind noise mentioned elsewhere. The WeatherTech is TOUGH - much heavier than others I considered.

BEWARE: Insure that the first corner (bottom front) is properly positioned BEFORE you bow and insert the top rear! You can move it later but not without marring the hard rubber of the window seal.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

What about wind deflection? I know that having a 2-door, the wind tends to just come straight in from the sides. I don't have a back window to roll down to let the air flow thru. Do these help with that at all?
I am not sure if you mean with window open.
But when it is open half or full down the following applies.

I have noticed it is now less than when they were not on.
The deflectors block some of the wind so it's not always on your head full blast.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, I meant having the window rolled all the way down...if it reduces the amount of wind coming in and blowing into your ear What I REALLY want to do is find someone who can put a pop out window on my hard top. You would think that it would be a no-brainer but it isn't as easy to find someone to do it as you would think The wind pounding in my ear makes me crazy
Yeah it is reduced, but I guess it depends on how tall you are and how high you have your seat positioned also.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

poppakristof,

Are the ones you have in your photos the same ones weathertech.com lists as "light" coloured? (the colour they have next to "light" looks beige to me, while yours look right)
Old 06-02-2010, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

i have these and also like them a lot. i got a cracking sound rolling up 1 window when i just re-installed them on my new jeep. probably chipped a corner like the OP. Dont really know what that warning message is about, but it all fit pretty well for me. i just insert the bottom first and work my way up. it does stress the window a little but not too bad.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

i also ordered a new 4 door set for my Unlimited. Thats how much I like them. Plus, the tinted ones look really good on silver paint.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had these on my 2 door, love them. Now have a 4-door, fronts are fine but the rears are so tight they bow out a little even when installed. Not working for me.

Anyone else notice this? I'm tempted to trim them but figured I'd ask here before doing that.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

I just picked these yup for what I have to admit was cheap (Thanks plac)

Initial thoughts is that it looks very durable....

Installed the driverside and heard what was already referred to as a "cracking" sound..I am hoping it was just the deflector settling in

I than installed the passenger one without any issues but looks to fit a bit more snug than the driverside

It's raining pretty good here so I will have a chance to test them out on the way home
Old 10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ride_My_Jeep
I just picked these yup for what I have to admit was cheap (Thanks plac)

Initial thoughts is that it looks very durable....

Installed the driverside and heard what was already referred to as a "cracking" sound..I am hoping it was just the deflector settling in

I than installed the passenger one without any issues but looks to fit a bit more snug than the driverside

It's raining pretty good here so I will have a chance to test them out on the way home
ya mine cracked too on first couple rollups, but didnt crack anything. hopefully youre alright.

Quick Reply: WeatherTech Side Window Deflector Write-Up