Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Transmission Cooler

Old 12-23-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ORWJK

Green,

Have you read the posts on the ORW Transmission Cooler? We have put together 2 kits using quality products and tried and tested parts. Here is the post we have in the "Sponsoring Manufacturer & Vendor Forum":

Re-Advertising The ORW JK Automatic Transmission Cooler Kit

WE ALSO HAVE A MODIFICATION THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MOUNT THE TRANSMISSION COOLER WHEN USING THE RIPP TURBOCHARGER

Version 2.0 of our popular JK Cooler Kit. This version is easier to install and comes preassembled. Rubber mounts included to protect cooler from vibration damage. Kit comes with unique flareless bite type fittings. Optional stainless steel hose available.

We have been working on a JK Automatic trans cooler kit for some time now and we finally got it dialed in!

When the transmission gets too hot a warning light comes on and the motor goes into limp mode (does not go over 50mph and NO overdrive). It scares the hell out of you when you're in the middle of nowhere! Also, at low speed the trans can hunt and not shift proper. After installing this cooler kit, the transmission has worked flawlessly.

Key Features:

1. OEM quality stack plate cooler (used by GM, FORD, Chrysler for trans and power steering coolers on HD models). 11''x11''x1.5'' 96 plate 25,000 BTU/HR, used in off road racing and extreme street applications, made in Mexico By Long Mfg. (NO Warranty for cross threading or cracks at the fitting, caused by improper installation of fittings.)

2. Series 8000 Push-Lite Race aluminum fittings by Fragola, all fitting supplied for complete install, made in USA.

3. Push Loc Race hose by Parker, made in USA

4. No hose clamps required on Fragola Push-Lite Race fittings with hose supplied and factory JK hose.

5. OEM VW rabbit radiator mounts, any cooler this size should be rubber mounted to minimize cracking and fatigue (DO NOT use any other mount, like MB-00-9259-0). Made in Germany, with 6mm Nylock nuts

6. ORW mounting brackets (part# 55723) 1/8'' steel, precision water jet cut, all mounting holes and bent to fit, can be sold separate to be modified to work with other coolers, Made in USA

7. Grade 8 1/4-20Bolts, lock washers, and 1/4-20 Rivet Nuts (drill to 25/64''), parts included with bracket kit Made in Canada, USA, and Taiwan

8. Split loom for covering the hose. Please completely cover lines end to end, makes for a real clean job and protect the hoses from being chafed. Made in USA

9. Oil cooler can be bypassed with FRA496106BL fitting, sold separately. Made in USA

10. Shop tools and supplies needed:

Drill with 25/64'' drill bit, (or 10mm Uni-bit works).
Tool to install 1/4-20'' Rivet Nuts.
Teflon Tape
Tie wraps
1'' ID split loom

Part Number:
ORW3110711

Our Price: $259.99
Free Shipping

PM, E-mail, or Call for more information or to place an order.

John
No I haven't! I have not gotten around to purchasing one yet and I believe you just sold me sir! Thank you for the advice and as soon as I get off work, I will check it out and shoot you a PM. Thanks John!

-Eric
Old 01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will be my next mod
Old 01-15-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Junkie

Has anyone done anything with an electric fan? I was going to add one on top of the tranny cooler.

Any thoughts on this? Would it really be worth it?
Old 01-15-2012, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
Has anyone done anything with an electric fan? I was going to add one on top of the tranny cooler.

I have experienced to many fans make it worse by blocking more air than it helps move, also works better when the puller is a touch higher CFM fan than the pusher.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

Someone mounted a pusher fan on his cooler. Had s switch for it in the cab. I also believe they did a write up on it.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tommyluv78

Someone mounted a pusher fan on his cooler. Had s switch for it in the cab. I also believe they did a write up on it.
That's exactly what I'm looking to do. I searched and didn't find anything. You wouldn't happen to have or know the link would you?
Old 01-15-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I added this mod to the top of my list for this spring!
Old 01-16-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

So looking at the B&M cooler, the hoses are routed toward driver side while ORW cooler are routed towards passenger side. Why is that? Also, will it be wise to just order the Mopar cooler with fittings made to fit on stock?..... Just wondering.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's exactly what I'm looking to do. I searched and didn't find anything. You wouldn't happen to have or know the link would you?
This guy mounted a Spal fan to it.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-with-Spal-fan
Old 01-17-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ConroeJK

This guy mounted a Spal fan to it.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-with-Spal-fan
Thank you!!

Quick Reply: Transmission Cooler