Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Transmission Cooler

Old 01-27-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smallzphoto
I got the 70268 because so many other people seemed to have bought them for their jks. just followed the pack haha.
Same here, it seems when I do decide to reinvent the wheel.....I screw it up.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:29 PM
JK Newbie

Just got mine today thursday and say ah no guts no glory and did it. Roving around to get a quart of ATF+4 and all autoparts are closed shiznit
Looks like it's good to go, no leaks.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ifshinxs
I just installed the B&M gauge that goes with the Cooler Part #80212.

Finding all of the electrical leads was the hard part. Once that is done, finding a cool place for the gauge took awhile. I decided to install mine next to the drivers side speaker..It was easy access to this area as the side panel comes off real easy and its right in line with where my wires come thru the firewall to the cab.

Heres a couple pictures showing the installed inline sending unit and where I installed the gauge.

100_1675..jpg (89.9 KB) 100_1676..jpg (90.2 KB)
im no good at electrical wiring, can you post a hOW TO FOR DUMMIES with the electrical wiring for the tem;p guage purdy pleasse. thanks
Old 01-28-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Herculz
im no good at electrical wiring, can you post a hOW TO FOR DUMMIES with the electrical wiring for the tem;p guage purdy pleasse. thanks
I reccomend getting the aeroforce interceptor instead. Its just plug and play in your obd2 port and you dont have to cut anything or wire anything. plus its a 50-in-1 guage and you can even turn off your esp with it. got mine coming in a week or so i can post pics when its here but seriously... its worth $200 just to not have to make any more cuts or holes in the jeep hahaha.

Last edited by smallzphoto; 01-28-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:03 AM
JK Freak

where you use the barb connectors and the hose clamps i'm worried it would leak. do you think i could put a piece of heat shrink over the barb connector shrink it down and then install my hose clamps on top? do you think that would work?
Old 01-29-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

I don't see why not but there is little need to worry about any leaks. The couplers fit really tight and when clamped you should have no issues. Mine's been on for 2 1/2 and no leaks.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

i just worry about joints. a little extra piece of mind wouldn't hurt. thanks for the fast responce.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

I reccomend getting the aeroforce interceptor instead. Its just plug and play in your obd2 port and you dont have to cut anything or wire anything. plus its a 50-in-1 guage and you can even turn off your esp with it. got mine coming in a week or so i can post pics when its here but seriously... its worth $200 just to not have to make any more cuts or holes in the jeep hahaha.
That sounds sweet, where do i get one? is there a model number that works with my rubi?
Old 02-01-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Herculz
That sounds sweet, where do i get one? is there a model number that works with my rubi?
Sorry for the late response on this! haha the thead got buried.

Get the CNC type for newer chrysler vehicles. they will work with your obd2 port
Old 02-02-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Sorry for the late response on this! haha the thead got buried.

Get the CNC type for newer chrysler vehicles. they will work with your obd2 port
Dang it, you beat me to it! I just picked up an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge from a guy here on the forum. That gauge is worth the money, even full price. You need would need at least a dozen individual gauges to monitor what this one gauge does. So in reality the Aeroforce is cheaper, by a lot! The best part is it truly is plug and play, no oil lines to tap into, no electrical work, absolutely a great piece of kit for the jeep.

Quick Reply: Transmission Cooler