Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Traction control issues

Old 06-20-2014, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction control issues

so i recently installed a 3.5 inch rough country lift and my traction control went insane. so i permanently disabled it and driving was fine. on my way into town the other day to get my sterring wheel recentered and my alignment fixed my traction control became active again and started locking my wheels. i tried the code to disable it again and nothing. after the alignment and steering wheel were fixed it still wouldn't let me permanently disable it. now my traction control is active but allows for a more normal drive with only kicking in a every now and then, but nothing as bad as after the installation. im wondering if its something electrical i shiould be looking for. it's kind of sketchy driving around and having your wheels brakes kick in like that. any advice?
Old 06-20-2014, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

If it still kicking on and off the steering wheel is still not straight. After my I did my lift mine was doing that to. It take me a few times to get it straight but no problems now. Our Jeeps have a senor in the steering wheel that sense wheel being dead straight. But I'm sure someone else will chime in.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to try disconnecting the battery for 10 or 15 minutes to see if a reset will clear the issue of not being able to disable it.

Last edited by crzyamerican; 06-20-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome! Thanks guys I will try the battery and look into my steering
Old 06-24-2014, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same issue. my steering wheel was dead center. i used my procal to help center it. i took it to dealer and they determined one of the sensors went out. its been 3 days and still dont have my jeep back so i cant tell ya if it is fixed or not.

Quick Reply: Traction control issues