Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Sway bar disco motor

Old 12-21-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Woods for the info and excellent photos. It's a lot more simple to move than I thought it was. I like the Kilby bumper, but am leaning towards the Expedition One due to price.

RubiconOrdie - I totally see what you are saying. I'm still debating whether to buy a bumper/skid plate that requires rotating the motor. If the system has a problem, it looks like it's as simple as removing the skid and rotating it back for warranty work. It does add quite a bit of clearance though.

Does anyone have good photos of this mod with the bumper and skid on, or going over obstacles etc??
Old 12-22-2007, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

It's been almost a year since I rotated mine up. Haven't had any trouble out of and I've been on many wheeling trips.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/rotated-my-sway-bar-motor-up-2869/
Old 03-07-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Graluc
It's been almost a year since I rotated mine up. Haven't had any trouble out of and I've been on many wheeling trips.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2869
Nice writeup and photos.

I agree with RubiconOrdie...But, if you slide off a rock etc., or hit something unavoidable, I'd rather replace a draglink than a draglink AND the disco motor.

Good thread...and my next mod.

Mikey
Old 03-07-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
seeing as how this is such a no brainer... did jeep fix it in the 2008s?

looking at it factory it looks like its begging to get ripped off :(
Nope, I have an 08. Still the same.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got a question. From what I gather, it's being said, in other threads, that if you rotate the e-disco motor up, you will not be able to use a bumper with a recessed winch mounting. It this true. Looking at the pictures of the Expedition One Basic DX with the new foglight endcaps, they are on a Rubicon with a recessed winch. Can't tell if they have the skid plate mounted or not, but if they do, the motor is rotated up. I'm confused, anybody got this setup with winch on a Rubicon. Can you rotate the e-disco motor up with a recessed winch?

Quick Reply: Sway bar disco motor