Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Stubbie bumper 101

Old 05-07-2009, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure but I thought I remember tinman saying to cut around the nutserts and keep for reattachment but since they're both very good jobs and both have very different distinct looks it'll be personal preference I guess.

This ia awesome! I get to get a stubby without a ton of $$$ spent.

This is an awesome site... hats off to the person/people responsible for setting it up and running it!!!!

Not to mention it's pretty darn cool to be chatting with someone in Texas from way up here in the far East of Canada LOL

Old 05-09-2009, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the mid stubby today

Thanks to all for inspirations and instructions
Old 05-09-2009, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tomharley
I did the mid stubby today...
Thanks to all for inspirations and instructions
TomHarey - your work looks excellent! It came out cleaner than mine!
Did you end up doing the Adhesion promoter and Duplicolor Bedliner as I did in my write-up? Looks like you did because the rivets are black...Again, very nice job!!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Akonius

I used the black rivets,but they´re gloss black.So, then I ´ve sprayed complete bumper with a bumper spray from Dupli Color
Old 05-25-2009, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

I ended up doing my bumper chop this weekend, and took a few photos of the process, from the back side, adding to an already excellent write up. I ended up using #8 black trim screws with u-clips. I picked them up from the local ACE.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

You did a great write up and inspired me to do ours. Used your write up for instructions throughout the process. It went smoothly and only took two hours. Here's our end result:

Thanks again for the great write up!
Old 05-27-2009, 05:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default wow

Gosh I smell plastic being cut, drilled and painted almost every hour of the day. I had no idea this mod would turn out to be so popular. I see some real craftsmen on here....
Old 06-15-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

SWEET!!! I started cutting tonight. I like C-Clip with screws, so I'll get those tomorrow to finish the job. I didn't have the guts to cut my bumper, so I found someone that bought an aftermarket bumper and bought his stock bumper to cut. So far it looks good.
-wwiifirearms
Old 08-05-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Well I did it!!!! Followed the instructions from both threads to be doubly sure and safe and it took a bit longer than I anticipated because of some complications and lack of tools at times but the finished product I think looks good.

I'll post up pics soon... Yep... the first cut is the most unkindness cut of all... after that it's all down hill LOL.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's pretty cool to see that this thread has merged both styles of the chopped bumper (stubby and mid stubby)...and it's even more cool to see all the results and how folks make modifications as they go! Keep up the good work!!

Quick Reply: Stubbie bumper 101