Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Six-dollar dash upgrade

Old 07-10-2007, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks for the write up Armycop.
Has anyone removed the tweeters? I'm thinking about painting the ring around those.
G
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am still trying to decide how to do the spokes between the outer rim of the steering wheel and the hub. I am thinking of trying to mask it off real well with tape and trashbags, then spraying it. I don't want to mess with the airbags and removing the steering wheel.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure about the spoke idea. Not that it wouldn't look good, I know it's an option for the '08s. I just don't think spraying that material, especially in an area that will be toughed often, will hold up. Incidentally, I just did my vent bezels, and love the look.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Sprayed my vents tonight too........gauge cluster coming next.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man, nice mod...only problem is that I have a black JK. My vent rings are already black! What other color could I go with? Silver? Gun metal?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

May sound wierd since I just painted my bezels silver, but i think the guage cluster is actually too silver. Here's how I'd like it...

Before:

After:

I'll have to get on that.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bmcollier
May sound wierd since I just painted my bezels silver, but i think the guage cluster is actually too silver. Here's how I'd like it...

Before:

After:

I'll have to get on that.
I like it the way it is IMO.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmcollier
Not sure about the spoke idea. Not that it wouldn't look good, I know it's an option for the '08s. I just don't think spraying that material, especially in an area that will be toughed often, will hold up. Incidentally, I just did my vent bezels, and love the look.
I was trying to find some bendable aluminum to wrap around there, but can't find anything yet.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

I did this mod also but with a little change. I decided to do my gauges along with the vents, but I just wanted to do the rings around the gauges and not the whole gauge pod like some did, I thought that too much silver wouldn't look as good. So I taped everything off and took my time with it and it turned out great. Here are some pics. Really looks good with the dark interior:

Old 07-18-2007, 09:23 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 00pumpkin
I did this mod also but with a little change. I decided to do my gauges along with the vents, but I just wanted to do the rings around the gauges and not the whole gauge pod like some did, I thought that too much silver wouldn't look as good. So I taped everything off and took my time with it and it turned out great. Here are some pics. Really looks good with the dark interior:

Looks Great, Nice Job! What 's your JK look like 00? I have family in Auburn and am there often.

Quick Reply: Six-dollar dash upgrade