Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Six-dollar dash upgrade

Old 08-21-2007, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfpacker
Nice job on all the mods. I stopped myself before I went crazy, but I am sill eyeballing thr bezel around the domelight and the climate control knobs. That is, if I ever figure out how to get them off!

Same here! I'm still waiting for someone to chime in on how to remove those climate control knobs (maybe someone w/ a service manual could advise)...
Old 08-21-2007, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I thought you should just be able to pull them off. I will try in i little bit and see.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkMatt
I thought you should just be able to pull them off. I will try in i little bit and see.
I am pretty sure I saw Piginajeep with the billet knobs and I think they pull off! Good luck, let us know.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Default CC Knobs

I pulled at least 5 times harder than I did on my TJ, and no luck. They have to just pull off, don't they?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfpacker
I pulled at least 5 times harder than I did on my TJ, and no luck. They have to just pull off, don't they?
They should pull off, but Piginajeep had to use vice grips because they were so tight. He took off the trim panel and the heater box.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did anyone try this with Jeep Green? so far the only place i've even seen the matching color is that website posted earlier, i didnt see it in Duplicolor.
Any thoughts on how it might look? If i get time i want to try a Photoshop
Old 08-23-2007, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Grant211
grab the outter a/c ring and twist to the right about 1/4 turn then it will pull staight out.

Grab it like you are twisting off a jelly jar, but your are only using the tips of your fingers... If this doesn't help let me know, I'll take some pics to show you. This was a little bit of a pain for me at first when I tried to take it off.
I think hes talking about the a/c knobs not the vents.....
Old 08-24-2007, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Grant211
ohh dang... just trying to be helpful...
Thanks anyway.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by crusher
Did anyone try this with Jeep Green? so far the only place i've even seen the matching color is that website posted earlier, i didnt see it in Duplicolor.
Any thoughts on how it might look? If i get time i want to try a Photoshop
I tried this - I originally painted my vent rings in Jeep Green, but wasn't too pleased with the contrast between the dark gray and the green... if I had a khaki interior, I would've left it alone like that, but there just wasn't enough contract for my taste. So, I repainted them using a can of "hammered silver" paint, and then hit it up with a couple layers of "triple gloss." It looks really cool like this. I also painted the two side pieces of the passenger dash grab handle, and that looks really sharp...
Old 08-24-2007, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
I tried this - I originally painted my vent rings in Jeep Green, but wasn't too pleased with the contrast between the dark gray and the green... if I had a khaki interior, I would've left it alone like that, but there just wasn't enough contract for my taste. So, I repainted them using a can of "hammered silver" paint, and then hit it up with a couple layers of "triple gloss." It looks really cool like this. I also painted the two side pieces of the passenger dash grab handle, and that looks really sharp...
How bout some pics on the grab handle when you get a chance. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Six-dollar dash upgrade