Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

The Results are In....

Old 02-25-2007, 02:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clubber
Does one brand of muffler sound the same on all jk's ? Will one brand sound high pitched on one jk , and the same brand sound low pitched on another ?
Yea..........thats what I want to know !!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by clubber
Yea..........thats what I want to know !!
I guess its all in the setup.. I have heard 3 different Magna Flow set-ups now and they all have been pretty much the same tone but one louder than the other.. Most exhaust companys build their mufflers for a specific tone.. I recently have heard the new Borla cat back system.. And If money wasn't an issue and I truley wanted the best and the best sound I would go that way.. It sounded awesome.. But thats borla for you.. $1000 later after install... Na, I'll stay with my $200 system..
Old 02-28-2007, 06:42 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Quadratec Rep

Originally Posted by scottroxxx
yeah a price breakdown of these parts would be cool. also, does anyone make headers yet?
yes Gibson just did a test fit on a set last week
Old 02-28-2007, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1BADJK
I guess its all in the setup.. I have heard 3 different Magna Flow set-ups now and they all have been pretty much the same tone but one louder than the other.. Most exhaust companys build their mufflers for a specific tone.. I recently have heard the new Borla cat back system.. And If money wasn't an issue and I truley wanted the best and the best sound I would go that way.. It sounded awesome.. But thats borla for you.. $1000 later after install... Na, I'll stay with my $200 system..
do you have a link or anything for this? i have looked all over and cant find anything on this borla system. i love the way yours sounds, but since i have to save up for everything, a few more weeks to hold out for a borla system would be nice. i ran borla headers and exhaust on my 91 f150 with the 5.0... that was the meanest sound i have ever heard. speaking of headers anyone know of any coming out?
Old 03-01-2007, 06:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Hey 1BADJK, thanks for the update and for answering all our questions. The data looks great and is definitly something I will consider doing as well
ditto - thanks so much for the info. now i need to sell my soul to raise money for all these mods.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by im4degreesaboveu
do you have a link or anything for this?

Try this:

http://www.borla.com/applications/lo...System/140213/

$630 retail. But it IS stainless steel versus aluminized steel. My last SS exhaust still looked new after 5 years and 106,000 miles. So if you are going to keep your jeep that makes it worth it.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

The JK has a stock stainless steel exhaust, so you dont really need the rest of the set up, IMO. Just get a muffler and be done with it.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jocrazy0
Try this:

http://www.borla.com/applications/lo...System/140213/

$630 retail. But it IS stainless steel versus aluminized steel. My last SS exhaust still looked new after 5 years and 106,000 miles. So if you are going to keep your jeep that makes it worth it.
thanks for the link and yeah i don't think i will be getting rid of my jeep ever!!!
Old 03-11-2007, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Will the hp and tq gains be too much for the tranny?
Old 03-11-2007, 02:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by elibodman
Will the hp and tq gains be too much for the tranny?
I'm pretty sure you're kidding, but you know what happens when you assume... I'm really confident that the tranny can handle it - folks have done a lot more substantial mods with the old IL6 (superchargers, etc.) and kept the stock tranny.

Quick Reply: The Results are In....