Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

The Results are In....

Old 06-01-2007, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by plugman
put a 6" round by 18" magnaflow were the factory muffler went, sounds great and I can tell the differance in power, now working on my intake today. cost 120.00 installed including muffler
DO YOU HAVE A MODEL NUMER???
Old 06-01-2007, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muffler

the sound bites that everyone has been posting sounds about right, I dont have a way of recording the sounds myself. The sound is noticable but it isnt bad at all. Driving to the fire station this morning, out on the highway, it really seemed to have more passing power and pickup, the sound wasnt really that much more at 70 mph than normal. I run 33's on 2.5 lift, six speed, 4-door soft top.
the model number was #12646---that is 2.5 inch inlet and outlet, 6 inch diam. and 18 inch muffler length, overall 24 inch.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=513

I hope that link works,

I will post pics of the muffler sat morning once I get off from the station, if I didnt answer the questions clearly enough please ask.

I am building the air intake today also and will post "build out pics" along with material list once I get finished this weekend.

thanks to 1BADJK for the tech info. and the pm

Good luck and stay safe
Old 06-02-2007, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

It's interesting that duals had less power on a V6.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

It's all about backpressure.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default working intake

I finished my intake yesterday, and it is great, I have all the pics but I havent figured out how to shrink them to posting size. but I have the parts list:

1 k&n airfilter part # re-0910 from o-riellys 45.00

1 spectre vacuum/ sensor adapter kit part # 8711- its at autozone in the
import section. 6.99

1 spectre intake couple 21\2 to 3 inch part # 8751 "same location"
a 60 to 65 degree angle piece of 3 inch muffler pipe, about 2 1\2ft piece. You will need to cut down alittle.

I used a little plastic tote, cut down to size, Maybe be dumb to some, but it works prefect, and if your budget minded, it works great untill I can get to a machine shop. 5.00

I bought a 5\8 steel round stock for the valve cover hose,welded a 11\2 piece on, but now looking at the 8711 kit it has the grommets and adapters to get the job done. you will need a better drill bit the one supplied, stinks on this pipe.
Tighten everything up and go wheelin, I was impressed with the preformance and cost around 230.00 for everything muffler too.

If you are in houston and want to come to the north side I'll even help,
I'll send pics via email or if I can shrink them, I'll post them,
Old 06-05-2007, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default pics

some pics, the air box is primative but I wanted to try it out and it gave me a good idea on the size to build my box.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	intake adapter.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1962   Click image for larger version

Name:	o2 sensor.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1963   Click image for larger version

Name:	pipe.bmp.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1964  
Old 06-05-2007, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default another pic

And yes to ya'll that notice, I did break that lock on the sensor. heres the redneck airbox that didnt load last set. It worked really well on my measurements so.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	airbox.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1965  
Old 06-09-2007, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default helped?

Has anyone tried this setup?, let me know if you had any luck with it,
Old 06-30-2007, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1BADJK
Call it what you like but PLEASE don't call it a Hummer.. So sick and tired of being compared to a hummer... I had this guy in a hummer pull up and park next to me and have the nerve to make this statment " So, you bought the poor mans hummer." Never have I wanted so bad to beat the crap out of someone.. And I'm a nice guy.. I asked if he would like to take it to the trail with his "Bummer".. He just laughed and walked away.. So if some call it a "Truck", Car, SUV.... Whatever.. Just don't call it a hummer... wayoflife - you got it.. " There is only one JEEP"..

...........sorry to disappoint you guys -but I think I would have dropped him.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 1BADJK
The results are in.. I’ll keep this as short and sweet as I can..
Test and configurations were made to my 2007 Jeep Wrangler 4D Rubicon..
1st. Dyno run
Bone Stock = 198.7hp / 231.3tq

First we installed a Magna Flow True Dual Exhaust system keeping the stock catalytic converts in place..
2nd. Dyno run
Dual Exhaust System = 212.3hp / 241.1tq

Then we removed the dual system and re-installed the 2 into 1 collector and just ran a single back to a Magna Flow 6” x 18” muffler and then straight back..
3rd. Dyno run
Single Exhaust System = 213.8hp / 246.8tq

Obviously the Single System yielded much better results.. That is what stayed on.. And let me tell you the Sound is awesome..

Now the easy stuff AEM Brute Force Intake System.. Very Clean install..
4th. Dyno run
Single Exhaust System with AEM intake = 220.1hp / 250.7tq

Last but not least.. We installed the Jet Performance Stage II chip.. My initial thought process on this one was I wasted my money.. But the Dyno tell the truth..

5th Dyno run
Single Exhaust with AEM intake and Jet Performance Stage II chip

Final Results = 231.9hp / 258.8tq
Overall Gains = 33.2 HP / 27.5 TQ

Maybe to some this was a big waste of time but what the heck free use of a dyno and some spare time and some great Manufacture support.. Take these results as you may..
I will work on getting some pictures up on the exhaust relocation and intake install…I will also work on getting the dyno slips posted up.. Thanks Jay

Being new to this forum but not new to modding I have some questions. I have several modded vetts, http://forums.corvetteforum.com/member.php?u=225291

Did you use a dyno jet or mustang dyno? It is my experence that you lose around 15 percent on a dyno so if you started with 202 hp and you show 198 RWHP on your first run there was no power lost to the drive train?? This does not make any sense. Your stock run should be in the 160 RWHP range. Mods do work but your numbers just dont add up as I see them and hopefully you can explain to me how this was done.
I am looking to mod my jeep and want Headers, high flow cats and a good exhaust and a good cold air intake and some brand of chip and T stat and would appreciate any recommendations.
Thanks Paul

Quick Reply: The Results are In....