Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Reds fender trim with detailed pics and video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-14-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmokramer
Thanks for this comment, I was worried about flopping in the wind and daily driving. This makes me feel a lot better, you inspired this newbie to do my first mid that involves cutting. Thanks!

By the way, any noticeable drop in gas mileage? I'm gonna do it any ways but just wanted to know any experience.
No noticeable loss of mpg's

Red
Old 06-14-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by topgear
Cool write- up like the detial in it.
Thanks Bro!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a write-up on how to re-attach the marker lights? I love the fenders but wished it had some lights on it. (Probably gonna go do this ayway, lights or not LOL)
Old 06-14-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

well after looking at all the pics and vids i would love to do this but 1 i dont think i have the skills to pull this off 2 i think my wife would kill me 3 i looks like you need 2 or 3 people to give you a hand when doing it ! i dont have the extra hands unless someone in the Barrie ON area wants to give me a hand lol ...

other then that they all look great and awesome job to everyone thats done this !
Old 06-15-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
Is there a write-up on how to re-attach the marker lights? I love the fenders but wished it had some lights on it. (Probably gonna go do this ayway, lights or not LOL)
Sorry I don't have a write up for marker lights but do a search I think there are a few on here.

Red
Old 06-20-2011, 11:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jonnybo20
well after looking at all the pics and vids i would love to do this but 1 i dont think i have the skills to pull this off 2 i think my wife would kill me 3 i looks like you need 2 or 3 people to give you a hand when doing it ! i dont have the extra hands unless someone in the Barrie ON area wants to give me a hand lol ...

other then that they all look great and awesome job to everyone thats done this !
Just one person is plenty of help! Now you have a reason to go meet a new JK friend! lol

Red
Old 06-24-2011, 01:43 AM
JK Newbie

I did it too...Bought my new baby on R&R and inside a week I cut em off! Only had time to do the front but they turned out great and thanks to the demo pics it was WAY easier than I thought it would be.

Thanks Red...When I get back to the states in Nov I'll have the lift, tires and gears done and I'll cut the back to match and put up pics....unless I can get the wife to post pics of the front before then.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jackiniraq
I did it too...Bought my new baby on R&R and inside a week I cut em off! Only had time to do the front but they turned out great and thanks to the demo pics it was WAY easier than I thought it would be.

Thanks Red...When I get back to the states in Nov I'll have the lift, tires and gears done and I'll cut the back to match and put up pics....unless I can get the wife to post pics of the front before then.
Awesome Bro!!!!! Thanks can't wait to see pics! Thanks for all you do!

Red
Old 06-28-2011, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Chopped!

Here's my boy with his pants all shortened. Didn't bother with door trim or the inner guard. I like the look

Old 06-29-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Junkie

I love it great work!

Red

Quick Reply: Reds fender trim with detailed pics and video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!