Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Reds fender trim with detailed pics and video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mOjO_JK
That Looks great!...I have been wanting to do mods to my JK, but been tight on cash....but with mods like the fender trim and stubby bumper mod, It will make the JK look great at practically costing nothing!....Great Job!
Go for it Bro!!!

Red
Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone do the fender shop, and still have stock tires? Yeah, I do! I was free one weekend, and got excited to do this mod, but at the same time, won't buy new tires until the stock (Rubi) tires are done. So now I have that roller skate look to deal with for another 15-20k miles :P
Old 01-04-2011, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Damn that looks so good. I wanna do that but I might just take the fenders completely off
Old 01-05-2011, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome write up!! Very detailed and the pics are great. You made it look easy. Approx how long did it take? Yes, thinking of doing it to mine now thanks in part to your post.
Cheers.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JeepWillikers
Awesome write up!! Very detailed and the pics are great. You made it look easy. Approx how long did it take? Yes, thinking of doing it to mine now thanks in part to your post.
Cheers.
We took our time and planned as we went and also took many pictures retaped several times to get it perfect and also stopped to eat dinner, all in all it took us about 3 hours with breaks.

If I did it again I would think about 2 hours or less.

Go for it!

Red
Old 01-07-2011, 03:50 AM
JK Freak

So wanting to pull the trigger on this mod this weekend... only thing stopping me is the fact that I still have the stock rear bumper and wanna trim the flares skinny. New bumper will be a while out yet, and I feel the bumper sticking out past the trimmed flares would look goofy.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DoubleG
So wanting to pull the trigger on this mod this weekend... only thing stopping me is the fact that I still have the stock rear bumper and wanna trim the flares skinny. New bumper will be a while out yet, and I feel the bumper sticking out past the trimmed flares would look goofy.

Its not that noticeable to everyone else we are just obsessed with our JK's.

Go for it Bro!!

Red

Last edited by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK; 01-10-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info. I did it today in about 3 hours by myself. It really does make look more aggressive. I can navigate around the world with just the stars, but I can't grt the posting of picteures.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AOVET
Thanks for the info. I did it today in about 3 hours by myself. It really does make look more aggressive. I can navigate around the world with just the stars, but I can't grt the posting of picteures.
Lol try using image shack . com and it is really easy to link pictures in here, just click the little tree symbol right above where you type it is next to the envelope and copy and paste the location of the pick from image shack - to find the location click on view image on the other site and right click and go to properties and highlight and copy location it will be http.... and put it here in the link by clicking the tree.

Good luck and get them pics posted!

Red
Old 01-10-2011, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got the guts,I figured i could always cut more off.may cut more off later ....Got the sidemarker led off of ebay for 20 bucks

Quick Reply: Reds fender trim with detailed pics and video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!