Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Rear Heated Seats Toasty Buns

Old 11-03-2007, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Heated Seats Toasty Buns

For those who saw My Front heated seats, I added to the original My Heated Seats Toast Buns on how I did the rears. But exposure will be limited for people who didnt post and already saw the write up so Im posting a new link.

OK Everyone- today I added heated seats in the rear.
This one kinda sucks because I got frustrated on the rear passenger side.
For this one, I got 2 separate seat elements instead of the double package. The reason I did this is because of switch location.
If I were to mount the switch by the window switches I would have bought the dual package.
This time I decided to put the elements in myself.
I started with the left side seat bottom. I peeled back the material and it was pretty much slide in and carefully remove the 2x sided tape. I put it in sideways because I didn’t want to cut it.

Next I lifted the clips of the back part of the seat and slid the element up and was able to reach up and peel off the tape.

Closed it up

Other seat

The Bottom was the BITCH! I did this without taking the staples out and all 4 sides are stapled in the cushion. Also the element was too long and I had to cut it and duct tape the ends where the electrode was exposed

I had to fold the element in half and slide it in carefully and reach in and spread it back out. If you have big arms forget it- your arms not going to fit in to flatten it.
After its all in I zipped up the wires and fed it through the loop hole.

Here I wired through the fuse box a yellow wire. Fuse M9 is marked for rear heated seats as stated by a fellow member. (Thanks) Wire should be on the drivers side spade of fuse. Then I ran the wire along the drivers side sill and split it by the firewall for the passenger side- Sorry no pic here- I was in a zone.

Then I cut the fuse off to shorten the extra wire and used a zip tie with screw hole to mount the fuse wire and use it as a ground at the same time. This is in the center pillar door where the wires for the door are.

Mounted the switch in the pillar where its visible and easily accessible for the passengers.

All Done.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

I really liked your previous post, and didn't even think of the back seats. Very nice. So much so, I want to do this myself!
Can you put a reminder where you got the elements from, or post a link to the other thread for those who did not see it.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/my-heated-seats-toasty-buns-16171/

Thanks
Old 02-15-2008, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

No one is doing this for their kids?
Old 02-18-2008, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DBB888
No one is doing this for their kids?
I remember freezing in the back seat, they should too
Old 11-13-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

That is awesome! I want to do all four now! Do the seats still fold up easily with all wires out of the way? I haul drums in the back all the time so I'm constantly sliding cases in and out, just want to make sure I won't accidentally snag a wire.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

DBB888,

Great write up. I had the front heated seats installed when I purchased my Jeep. I finally pushed the button and installed rears for the kidos. I went with the Mopar kit which is set up to splice into the lighter power. I would like to run it off of the M9 fuse position. How did you splice into the fuse recepticle?

Quick Reply: Rear Heated Seats Toasty Buns