Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Pro Comp 2.5" CRT Spring Lift Install & Review

Old 02-10-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dadgummit
Looks interesting but I am not sure about how those strange swaybar drop brackets will work with the rubi e-disco.

I wondered that too and although I haven't been off road to test it yet, it doesn't seem to interfer....
Old 02-16-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

Default lift

i been lookin! makes me really want one now. thanks bud
Old 02-17-2009, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Excellent write up ...Thank you!
Old 06-17-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default What size tires?

Matt,

What size tires are you running? Is that the Pro Comp 2.5" coil lift?

Originally Posted by Matt08jk
I have now had the lift installed for about 1 week. I have done some highway and some light off road activity. The lift overall performs very well so far. I am really impressed with the stance it gives the Jeep and how it levels it out perfectly. The 6-way adjustability of the suspension is pure magic and very noticeable. At this point is appears to have lifted the jeep a full 2.5" in the rear and almosr 4" in the front to give it a complete level ride height.

On the road it is planted and secure with very minimal wandering. With the more firm setting, the ride is equal to or better than the stock ride. I a very confident with the set up. I have noticed on sharp turning at speed the ESP will kick in and start growling at me, I assume this requires a minor correction in the steering linkage.

I have only done a few things off the pavement so far but the flex is better than stock and the "soft" settings help the suspension to stick to the ground. I will be sure to post a few more photos after I get my sway bar quick disconnects, all photos on this post are with a connected sway bar.

If you have any questions, let me know.

FRONT BEFORE LIFT:

FRONT AFTER LIFT:

SIDE BEFORE:

SIDE AFTER:

Here are a few other after shots:

Some Youtube vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVR6qWzwBdg
Old 06-17-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not on my short list of kits, But I do greatly appriciate the write up and the honest feed back. Helps others to make a much more educated decision. Thank you for taking the time to do it right and to educate us!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Hey Matt, Great write up- can you elaborate on the advantage of your adjustable shocks. . . highway vs. trails? Can you actually feel a difference with the different settings?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great writeup!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default Question about Coil color

I just had a Pro Comp MX6 lift installed. I asked for the 2.5" kit and after installed it looked a little bigger than expected. I think they may have put on the 4" kit. When I asked the shop he said that it was the 2.5" kit because the coils are black. I noticed the coils are silver in your 2.5" kit. Do you know if the coils are colored based on the kit and do you know if silver coils means the 2.5" kit?
Old 07-31-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Default Writeup

Thanks for the writeup. This was pretty helpful to me in installing my kit yesterday. It took me about 12 hours with a friend, but it might have taken longer without the photos and descriptions in this thread. I'm going to post my own writeup here soon because I think the kit has changed. It's mostly the same except for the track bar mount on the rear axle. No drilling required for rear install now! Kind of a byatch to get everything in place though. Anyway, thanks for the writeup!

Quick Reply: Pro Comp 2.5" CRT Spring Lift Install & Review