Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Off-road cargo tray

Old 05-16-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update of sorts, I got a couple pm's asking about the track I used, there are already a couple close ups, but I never did post the shelf with the rails installed but empty this time...

They are made by Core and they are the Trax 1000 series

Old 05-19-2014, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well version 1.0 has been used a few times for off-road trips, and it worked out great!

Now it's time for a few changes, since this is primarily for off-roading, I tend to carry a good bit of rescue/quick fix items and things that have come up in the past where something was needed but nobody had any...Automatic Transmission Fluid, Engine Oil, 24"/36" zip ties etc.

So I'd really like to have easier access to the two back corners, so I can tuck away the seldom needed gear, but still know it's there and not bouncing around...

The four mounting bolts are getting in the way, but I'm not satisfied with just cutting the short, they are in bad locations...

A good friend of mine is a 4x4 and motocross guy who also happens to have a large machine shop, and he does a lot of fabrication...so he's determined to find a different way to connect the board to the Jeep

With that out of the way I plan on adding a third row of adjustable tie down Trax

With three rows I can better fit the seldom used vehicle fluids kit to one of the two deep back corners, I can better accommodate both oversized and smaller sized gear bags, leaving more room for quick access needed bags.

All that with enough room left for a 45 quart cooler!

Quick Reply: Off-road cargo tray