Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My turn at using Raptor liner...

Old 04-13-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody know if you could use half a bottle and then detach from the gun cap the the bottle and say use it a week later. Or is it once you add the hardener you only have a certain time to use it
Old 04-13-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Biggy
Anybody know if you could use half a bottle and then detach from the gun cap the the bottle and say use it a week later. Or is it once you add the hardener you only have a certain time to use it

Don't know for sure, but I'm willing to bet that once the hardeners mixed, you're on the clock. I'll ask that of the U-Pol guy when I get his response.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Hook-Em

Don't know for sure, but I'm willing to bet that once the hardeners mixed, you're on the clock. I'll ask that of the U-Pol guy when I get his response.
That would be great thanks
Old 04-14-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once you add the hardenere you have to use it. Depending on the amount of hardener added you have more or less time (pot life) to use the mixture. I think the pot life was 60 minutes when mixed at the 3:1 ratio.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Junkie

Has anybody been able to order extra bottles without ordering a full kit. I'm done the tub but I have more I want to spray. Couple places said they only sell full kits
Old 04-15-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Biggy
Has anybody been able to order extra bottles without ordering a full kit. I'm done the tub but I have more I want to spray. Couple places said they only sell full kits

A company named Gladwin Paint Company will sell the bottles individually. I have been discussing my project with the folks in the San Antonio location. Here is their contact information.

http://www.gladwinpaint.com/page/4/contact+us
Old 04-19-2011, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can also find the bottles on eBay.

A company named Gladwin Paint Company will sell the bottles individually. I have been discussing my project with the folks in the San Antonio location. Here is their contact information.

http://www.gladwinpaint.com/page/4/contact+us
Old 07-09-2011, 05:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I decided to email U-Pol and get some more details regarding the application of this stuff. One reason is because I am interested in getting a very fine texture, similar to the texture of the plastic components on the Jeep. I am considering lining my painted fender flares in color-match Raptor Liner along with my tub, and I don't want a course finish, particularly on the flares.

I do know that the texture is dependent upon the pressure. However, I don't know what size tank they recommend or what flow rate. I have received one reply from them, but they unfortunately it left out the tank size. I will post up their recommendations once they are all received. Thus far though I know the following:
  • Recommended pressure range- 40-70 psi.
  • Lower pressures (40 psi) would be yield a courser texture, while higher pressures (70 psi) would yield a finer texture.
  • Distance and speed across the work surface will effect texture also.
  • Shooting above 70 psi will result in the product bouncing off the surface. This means wasted material.
  • Flow rate - The Shutz gun will consume 5.5 cfm @ 85 psi, less at a lower pressure.
Happy Raptoring y'all!
I knew I had seen this info somewhere, getting ready to spray my hardtop today.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HDGreyrider
Spent Saturday splicing 5' of 18 gauge into the wiring and the rear wiper fluid hose. Then took out all the front seats.

Sunday got up early and taped/wrapped everything before 11 am then it was time to shoot the raptor. The raptor gun provided worked fine and the final product exceeded my expectations.
Can't help to notice the sweet spot for the garage door opener
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3719709523.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	179919  
Old 07-13-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Well, since I had the doors off for more than a week now, and we've gotten close to a foot of total rain during that time, I decided to pull my carpet out to destroy the ecosystem that had started (mostly on the passenger side)....

I haven't removed the sound deadening stuff yet, but I think I'll get a Dremel oscillating tool to do that job.

Thanks for the writeup! The only difference I've noticed so far is that I had that little strip of carpet that had to be cut on both driver's and passenger's side front anchor point. I cut them both.

Quick Reply: My turn at using Raptor liner...