Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My turn at using Raptor liner...

Old 10-24-2010, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WRMorrison
Same plan here as well. I just haven't found any wire yet... Have you picked up any wire yet Tony? If so, what did you go with? I've been looking for some 7 or 8 conductor 14AWG wire with no luck...

-WRM
I haven't looked yet. I was going to start with the electronic supply stores close by. If nothing there I'm gonna hit up a guy I know that works at a Scottsdale Hot Rod shop.

Mark9998 - How long did you have to extend the harness?
Old 10-24-2010, 09:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TonyT
I haven't looked yet. I was going to start with the electronic supply stores close by. If nothing there I'm gonna hit up a guy I know that works at a Scottsdale Hot Rod shop.
If you happen to find some before I do, let me know. Maybe you could pick up a little extra for me and I'll pay you for it. I'll do the same if I come across some...

-WRM
Old 10-25-2010, 03:13 AM
JK Newbie

Yup, you can use conduit to protect them. I am going to go a step further and solder enough extensions on them to run the wires up along the roll cage. They will still go under the front door jam where I'll protect them with conduit, but then I'll route up through the B pillar and along the cage on the way to the back.

The plan is to do it Wed/Thursday this week. If the weather and my work schedule cooperates.
Sounds like a great idea. Could you post write-up on this when you're done. I'm thinking I would get mine line-x'd but want a truly finished look without exposed wires.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mark9998 - How long did you have to extend the harness?
I didnt take an exact measurement, but probably about 4-5' on each side. The only thing I can warn you about on this, when you initially cut your wiring harness, take a look at all the wires closely. Most of them are all different color patterns but if I recall I believe on both sides there are 2 seperate black wires that are pretty much identical looking. You will need to mark one of them so when you cut your harness you know which one is which when you are connecting them back up
Old 10-25-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

im so glad i found this post! i was planning on doing this this weekend with the raptor. I was also going to do the same thing you did with the rails and behind the bumper. im also gonna go ahead and take the fenders off and get behind them before i put on my tube fenders. great write up thanks for it! im sure it will help.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default UPOL using the tintable kit

Finally finished mine today using the tintable kit so it matches the deep water blue, here is the write up

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...eep-Water-Blue

Old 01-08-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Looks AWESOME!!! I might do mine again in a tintable kit once I color-change the jeep in a few years...

-WRM
Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Damn this looks good
Old 03-14-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Taking the carpet out of my unlimited now. Have the kit and will be doing prep/clean up over the next couple weeks then spraying the tub.

I'm thinking that when I get the caulking off the floor boards I may put in some fiberglass cloth as a heat shield. Then I spray over that.

edit:
DAMN!!!!!! That caulking stuff is tough!!!! Tried my Craftsman MultiTool on it and it just laughed at me. Chiseling it bay hand was not a good option. So I bought a air chisel at WalMart today. Maybe give that a try this evening.

Last edited by C.R.U.S.H.; 03-15-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Spent 3 1/2 hours today with an air chisel taking out the crap on the floor boards and using a wire brush on a drill. Still not down to bare metal.

Yep, wetting the residual caulk or whatever that crap is helped to get it off easier with the wire brush.
Spent another 2 hours on it this past Sunday.

Last edited by C.R.U.S.H.; 03-22-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Quick Reply: My turn at using Raptor liner...