Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My turn at using Raptor liner...

Old 10-09-2010, 09:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mark9998
Seriously, I totally agree. I wondered from day one why they dont just make this a standard factory accessory and make the carpet an option like leather interior. ..............

hey WRMorrison (or anyone else who has also lined their tub), while I've been prepping off and on Im still trying to figure out what to do with the cargo/trunk lid that also has carpet on it ..............
The reason carpet is not an option I'm sure is cost. The carpet covers up a lot, to most buying the mini-vans the unfinished look would be a turn off. So if they did not have carpet they would have to use a rubber mat and finish out the sides of the tub to a higher degree increasing production cost.

I used the tuffy cubby cover. Other than making your own cover this is the best option.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carpet is the most durable option. I think very few people would want the wires in view or seeing bare metal. Plus the carpet helps keep the temperature steady and noise down.

In relation to the wire looms that are in view, WRM had mentioned putting new conduit over the looms and bedlining that. And/Or extending the wires to go up and over the roll cage. I think I just might do that after I get all my electrical mods wired up.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TonyT
Not too bad. The tub heat's up anyway. The carpet just shields it pretty good. I bought the thick MOPAR floor mats from A irpark for $60 and I dont even feel the heat from the floor.

Where you at in PHX? If youre in my area, I 'd be happy to show ya. Ive got the hard top and doors on this week. Not too bad at all, as long as you have the plugs in the floor. With them out you can feel he heat getting sucked in from underneath the Jeep as you drive.

TonyT
I'm on 67th and Pinnacle Peak but I'll take your word on it. Did you get all the mats for $60? Power was charging me 120

Thanks

Matt
Old 10-10-2010, 10:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt852
I'm on 67th and Pinnacle Peak but I'll take your word on it. Did you get all the mats for $60? Power was charging me 120

Thanks

Matt
Yup, $62 + Tax to be exact. Ask for Travis and tell him you're with the Jeep Club.
They (and many dealerships around the US) continuously run them on Ebay from $60 to $65 "buy it now" so I just called and asked if I could pick up a set. (Part # 82210166 or 82210166AB)

I don't know what Power was thinking. $120, you've got to be kidding me.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:01 PM
JK Junkie

Yup, $62 + Tax to be exact. Ask for Travis and tell him you're with the Jeep Club.
They (and many dealerships around the US) continuously run them on Ebay from $60 to $65 "buy it now" so I just called and asked if I could pick up a set. (Part # 82210166 or 82210166AB)

I don't know what Power was thinking. $120, you've got to be kidding me.
I'll go ask for Travis is the scottsdale dealship around scottsdale gun club?
I don't trust power after strike 2, their first strike from me was when I was just seeing the trade value of my JK it only had 4k miles and I bought for around 19k they were offering me 13.5 k and they said they "bidded against other valley" dealerships and afterward I went to avondale and they offered me 16k.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

In relation to the wire looms that are in view, WRM had mentioned putting new conduit over the looms and bedlining that. And/Or extending the wires to go up and over the roll cage. I think I just might do that after I get all my electrical mods wired up.
I did extend mine up and over the roll cage so they would not be exposed. I just spliced in about another 4-5' and ran them up near the seatbelts in the center post, it was pretty simple and turned out good. Looks much better than seeing the exposed harnesses in the back. Here is a picture of them coming out of the rear of the roll bar near the speaker
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	_Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00082-20100908-2236..jpg
Views:	871
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	94729  
Old 10-11-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt852
I'll go ask for Travis is the scottsdale dealship around scottsdale gun club?
I don't trust power after strike 2, their first strike from me was when I was just seeing the trade value of my JK it only had 4k miles and I bought for around 19k they were offering me 13.5 k and they said they "bidded against other valley" dealerships and afterward I went to avondale and they offered me 16k.
They moved to Frank Lloyd Wright and picked up the Dodge brand too. Same area though. Get off the 101 at Frank Lloyd Wright and go west a couple miles, they'll be on the left.

Originally Posted by mark9998
I did extend mine up and over the roll cage so they would not be exposed. I just spliced in about another 4-5' and ran them up near the seatbelts in the center post, it was pretty simple and turned out good. Looks much better than seeing the exposed harnesses in the back. Here is a picture of them coming out of the rear of the roll bar near the speaker
THAT IS AWESOME!! Only thing is, I have a hard top, so Ive got another loom on the driver's side too. But hopefully I can sell it. Tis the season for no top.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

THAT IS AWESOME!! Only thing is, I have a hard top, so Ive got another loom on the driver's side too. But hopefully I can sell it. Tis the season for no top.[/QUOTE]

I have the hard top and soft top also, so I also had the harness on the drivers side as well, and did the same thing for this one too. This one also has the windshield fluid line going to the back so had to extend that also. I didnt have a pic but it comes out at the same spot of the rollbar in the back on the drivers side too
Old 10-14-2010, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

WRMorrison, you are an evil bastard for posting this!!! Mine is now done too. Along with the garbage can and a cooler. I am currently looking for more stuff to spray so I can justify another kit. Thanks alot for the inspiration and the info, it came out great. Pics tomorrow when it's light out.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mvnolan
WRMorrison, you are an evil bastard for posting this!!! Mine is now done too. Along with the garbage can and a cooler. I am currently looking for more stuff to spray so I can justify another kit. Thanks alot for the inspiration and the info, it came out great. Pics tomorrow when it's light out.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'll be ordering another full kit myself to do all the other stuff like: inside of my half doors, front bumper, sliders, wheel wells, etc., etc... It's addicting!

-WRM

Quick Reply: My turn at using Raptor liner...