Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My turn at using Raptor liner...

Old 06-18-2012, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or if you want to keep the hole there, you could work some tape around the inside edges and just pull the tape out when you're done. Then build a small box to fill the space and you have one more place to store something.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mfmclain
Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do about the two holes located right in front of the wheel wells on a two door?
I have seen a bunch of people just spray over it and leave it there. I have also heard of someone using an aluminum plate to cover it. That is what I'm leaning toward doing is cutting a sheet into the right size and finding some super good adhesive glue to stick it on there.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine came with a felt like fabric over it from the factory, back when I had a 2007 2 dr. I just sprayed over it. But if I had the option to do it again, I would make it into cubby hole and put a little bungy net to hold things in. Also something I would add, If your not planning on using the "jack storage area" I would cut that out so the whole part is open... Ive seen a pic of someone who did that, jsut can't remember where... I might go back and cut mine out and re-srpay it
Old 06-18-2012, 10:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey i want to raptor line my exterior of my jeep what do i need to do to prep for this any help would be great thanks.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bastard431
hey i want to raptor line my exterior of my jeep what do i need to do to prep for this any help would be great thanks.
A LOT of Prep work, sanding, taping off other parts... I would think it would take you a good day and half with two people just in prep work, a half a day to spray, then another day to re-install....thats if you do inside and out..good luck!!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

When you did the spraying, what did you have to use to get the gun connected to the compressor? The gun that came with mine has threads at the end where the connector for the compressor usually is?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mfmclain
When you did the spraying, what did you have to use to get the gun connected to the compressor? The gun that came with mine has threads at the end where the connector for the compressor usually is?
You thread on a male adapter that mates with your air hose...

-WRM
Old 07-17-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

This thread really helped me get my Jeep Raptor Lined, thanks for all the tips

I made a couple of threads after I got done.
LINK-->https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...12-2dr-238728/
I tried to condense all the tips on this one and add my 2cents.
LINK-->https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...hreads-238739/

Originally Posted by Rooster76
I have seen a bunch of people just spray over it and leave it there. I have also heard of someone using an aluminum plate to cover it. That is what I'm leaning toward doing is cutting a sheet into the right size and finding some super good adhesive glue to stick it on there.
PLUGING THE HOLES
Copy and pasted from-->https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...hreads-238739/

Note those sanding blocks are crap just get good sandpaper.

The olive green is some self-etching primer I used on spots that had some bare metal

I got some thin aluminum and trimmed it to size. I found a Liquid Wrench spray can lid that was the perfect size to use as a stencil.

I then sanded those down and degreased them with acetone. Then I put 3 coats of self-etching primer on there for when it would get bed lined.

I used cold weld glue called J-B Kwik. It is sold in the paint department of hardware stores. There are 2 types and you most likely will want to get the quick drying type that you only have to hold in place for 4 minutes (vs 30min). It says it can hold like over 2000 pound so it should work pretty well. I sanded down the area to be glued and used some acetone to degrease it for a good connection.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1782740198.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	507808

I raptor lined the whole thing best move I made ever

Quick Reply: My turn at using Raptor liner...