Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My turn at using Raptor liner...

Old 11-10-2011, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I just finished spraying the wife's Jku about an hr ago and holy crap!! I freaking love this stuff. Way better than the roll on crap I have in my 2dr... I highly recommend this product to anyone doing a tub liner. Tape and drape as much as possible to help with the over spray and clean out the spray gun really good while you wait for the first coat to flash (60 min)..... Also did you guys have to pay an extra $50 haz shipping or is that just because I live in Hawaii???
Old 11-11-2011, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 388charlie
So I just finished spraying the wife's Jku about an hr ago and holy crap!! I freaking love this stuff. Way better than the roll on crap I have in my 2dr... I highly recommend this product to anyone doing a tub liner. Tape and drape as much as possible to help with the over spray and clean out the spray gun really good while you wait for the first coat to flash (60 min)..... Also did you guys have to pay an extra $50 haz shipping or is that just because I live in Hawaii???
I would say because you are in Hawaii, lol
Old 11-11-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 97jeeperdrummer
Just curious, I did this about a month ago.. It turned out great.. for the first two days I ran doorless and topless.. then for the next three weeks I drove topless.. I didnt replace the carpet, and the jeep still stinks of bedliner.. any suggestions/recommendations on getting rid of the smell? Thanks
It probably took 1.5 to 2 months before the smell was completely gone on mine.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

Took hardly any time with the doors and top off
Old 11-11-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

My odor took a month or so to subside...I sometimes still get a hint of it if the sun has been baking it through the windows with the top and doors on.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Update: So after spraying my wife's JKU, I rolled my 2dr, so I stripped it down to stock and traded it for a used 09 JKU. One of my first mods was the Raptor Line and thankfully it was!!! while cleaning out all the crap that was under the carpet and center console I found a diamond engagement ring under the console!! So when your cleaning uses (if it was used) make sure not to just vacuum away at it... BEST mod ever lol
Old 05-19-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by YETI-09
Update: So after spraying my wife's JKU, I rolled my 2dr, so I stripped it down to stock and traded it for a used 09 JKU. One of my first mods was the Raptor Line and thankfully it was!!! while cleaning out all the crap that was under the carpet and center console I found a diamond engagement ring under the console!! So when your cleaning uses (if it was used) make sure not to just vacuum away at it... BEST mod ever lol
Hot damn!!! Does she know about it or are you thinking Christmas shopping is done early this year?
Old 05-19-2012, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nope I will be selling it to a diamond broker and getting the rear 35 spline shafts and arb locker. The wife has a better quality diamond already, so win win for me!
Old 05-19-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YETI-09
Nope I will be selling it to a diamond broker and getting the rear 35 spline shafts and arb locker. The wife has a better quality diamond already, so win win for me!
So your Jeep was used and the previous owner lost a diamond ring in it and you found it. That's crazy!
Old 05-20-2012, 12:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Vary tempted

Quick Reply: My turn at using Raptor liner...