Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My turn at using Raptor liner...

Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey WRM, how hot does the floor get now with the liner? I ran without carpet but my feet just got too damn hot in this AZ heat. Does the liner block some of the heat?

BTW, i saw your rig at Bass Pro Shops one day. You were there with a lifted Sahara Tan JKU. Me and my pop spent a while checking both jeeps in admiration. Sick rig!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My U-Pol kit just came!

I will be doing this first on my side skirts though. The interior is a challenge.

Little side note - Rhino/Line-x/Herculiner must be pissed that U-Pol put out this kit lol
Old 07-13-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D_engel
Hey WRM, how hot does the floor get now with the liner? I ran without carpet but my feet just got too damn hot in this AZ heat. Does the liner block some of the heat?

BTW, i saw your rig at Bass Pro Shops one day. You were there with a lifted Sahara Tan JKU. Me and my pop spent a while checking both jeeps in admiration. Sick rig!
The only time I really notice any extra heat (and it wasn't very much) was with the doors on. With them off, the heat dissipates too quickly to build up. The doors keep some of the heat in. That said, I now have the top on (heat was getting to be too much for my 5 y.o. son) and I don't notice any "extra" heat other than a vehicle sitting in the 115° sun...

I remember that day at BP; a buddy of mine (tan JKU) and myself went to pick me out a new tent and cot. Thanks for the compliment! As soon as I can get a few really good scratches (other than the normal pinstriping), I'll finally have an excuse to re-paint it in desert MARPAT...

-WRM
Old 07-13-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

Once you mix the hardener in do you have to use it or its garbage?

Also, how far down do i need to sand? Or is it more of a surface scuffing.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Trauma
Once you mix the hardener in do you have to use it or its garbage?

Also, how far down do i need to sand? Or is it more of a surface scuffing.
Once mixed, it has to be used. I don't know how long you have, but I assume within an hour or so. As far as surface prep, you don't really need much. In fact, I over-prepped. After removing the sound-deadening stuff, I wet-sanded the entire interior before spraying. We also sprayed another Jeep later that evening that was only scuffed-up with some sandpaper (maybe 30 minutes total sanding) and it turned out every bit as good as mine.

-WRM
Old 07-13-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WRMorrison
Once mixed, it has to be used. I don't know how long you have, but I assume within an hour or so. As far as surface prep, you don't really need much. In fact, I over-prepped. After removing the sound-deadening stuff, I wet-sanded the entire interior before spraying. We also sprayed another Jeep later that evening that was only scuffed-up with some sandpaper (maybe 30 minutes total sanding) and it turned out every bit as good as mine.

-WRM
how many bottles did you use to do your interior?
Old 07-13-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Trauma
how many bottles did you use to do your interior?
I used all 4 bottles. It can be done with 3, but since the kit came with 4, that's what I used. Also had enough left to do my rear bumper and some other stuff.

-WRM
Old 07-14-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Has anyone had this in there Jeep a while. I did not see anyone who said anything about the durability. I don't want to be doing touch ups later or find out my floor mats scraped it up later?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by seventrys
Has anyone had this in there Jeep a while. I did not see anyone who said anything about the durability. I don't want to be doing touch ups later or find out my floor mats scraped it up later?
What's "a while?" Mine's been in for nearly a year (about 10 months or so), and I haven't noticed a bit of wear.

-WRM
Old 07-14-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WRMorrison
What's "a while?" Mine's been in for nearly a year (about 10 months or so), and I haven't noticed a bit of wear.

-WRM
That's awsome. We paid alot of money for our vehicles and did not want to regret doing later. I would hate to be sanding the liner down to have it redone (think I'd rather stab my self in the eye). Thanks for the update.

Pretty confident doing it with all the comments being positive!

Quick Reply: My turn at using Raptor liner...