Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My sub-$20 mirror "relocation" solution

Old 05-28-2007, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
Here's mne:

Dude:

Where'd you get the bracket?

Is that the stock mirror?

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brettzky-JK757
Dude:

Where'd you get the bracket?

Is that the stock mirror?

Thanks.
I made the bracket. Yes, it's the stock mirror.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Unlimited1
Hey ya'll I had a bit of a problem the other day with my mirror, the silver mirror that I bought decided to fall apart the other day. The glass fell out. However it was easily solved. I bought a different mirror and it turned out for the better. Here are the picks after a little flat black paint.
As soon as I swap out the mirrors like you bought, and find those braces ( :angry: ) then I'll be ready to go.

For those keeping score at home: SIX INCH brackets...
Old 06-01-2007, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default "my" $20 mirror relocation bracket

This tech has been removed, sorry.

This is a copy of a thread I started here, it was deleted along with all of my tech threads on this forum. I hope it makes you decide if you want to remain a member here.
sorry but I will be no longer an active member of your forum and I highly doubt this thread will even last long and that is one of the reasons I am going.

If the admin wants to read this then fine, maybe it will improve your site. But this thread is not for you, its for everyone else.

I joined here because it was one of the better laid out JK forums and was not the BS drama of JeepsUnlimited, that along with other things changed.

I first noticed my links to ANYTHING being changed, this got old after a while. Yes I know they want to "support your vendors" but it is a little overkill. You are trying to make your vendors have a monopoly on parts by limiting the information available and that is complete BS. Its a competing market and if your vendors do not want to match prices or carry a product then it is their loss not yours.
Deal with it.
A few of the MUCH larger forums I am a member of seem to survive just fine without this little link edit game.

I had my posts edited and messed with for no "real" reason.

Today was the last straw of BS with that. You edited one of my PRIVATE MESSAGES !!! I sent a link to another member about a new JK forum and either automatically or in person someone edited my PM. That is childish and retarded.
"private massage" my ass. so now I can't even have any privacy here?

I asked about a "FAQ" thread and still the forums are overrun with "will 15" rims fit?" and other posts that flood the forum. That was ignored/denied
The longer you wait the more worthless posts you will have.
That's one of the main reasons I stopped "regularly" posting is I was sick of wading threw 6 pages of the same posts just to find any "new" info.

Oh and back to the drama this forum has turned into just another JU. Admin and moderators getting butt-hurt and tied up in "regular" member issues. Sorry, that's just lame no matter what your excuses are.

Now that Pirate has its own separate JK owners forum I see no need to get tech here tainted with annoyances. That and they allow the input and desires of the "regular" members to change the website. Oh and I can post links....and not have my PM's screwed with
I am leaving up all my posts and tech unless this thread is deleted and then I will remove all of my posts seeing as my input will be deemed inferior.

I am glad I met a lot of the cool people from this forum and I will probably meet them again. You all can decide if I am right or wrong but either way I am done. Thanks for the info and you all have a good night.

Last edited by usmcdoc14; 10-06-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:06 PM
JK Junkie

Here's mne:

Renegade, those are sweet. You need to mass produce and market those. Can you make me a pair?I'll pay.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=usmcdoc14;99756]this is just some steel rod, some cheap mirrors from AutoZone, a handfull of 3 hole gussets from www.aa-mfg.com, and a table foot and wing nut from home depot.

See, Marines can take a pile of Sh#t and make something out of it, and will actually work(Hey, sometimes our lives depend depond it)......survival of the fittest. Good job Jarhead.
Semper Fi.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Renegade, those are sweet. You need to mass produce and market those. Can you make me a pair?I'll pay.

I'd be interested in them as well. My solution (or rather, my attempt to replicate someone else's solution) is "almost there"...pics to follow soon.

Brettzky
Old 06-02-2007, 06:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Thanks, but I don't think it would be practical for me to do. I used the tools at a friend's shop and he welded the pieces together for me. I suggested that he start making them and he didn't seem that interested at the time. I would suggest that you be creative and see what you can come up with on your own though. It might be better than mine.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, but I don't think it would be practical for me to do. I used the tools at a friend's shop and he welded the pieces together for me. I suggested that he start making them and he didn't seem that interested at the time. I would suggest that you be creative and see what you can come up with on your own though. It might be better than mine.
I agree Renegade. There have been so many good ones posted here that it would be hard to decide if people started making them which one to get. Aside from that I like the fact mine does not look like yours yet functions equally as well. It's the individuality that sets us apart and that is what jeeping is all about.
BTW mine (shown here some pages back but I reiterate the parts to show my point) were trailer fender brackets I had on hand (no drilling, bending, or welding needed), two $10 mirror heads from the parts store, and one $1.00 spray can of flat black. I also used two washers I had on hand mounting the mirrors to the bracket and the existing bolts to mount to the jeep.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up Done....

Just did mine,,....got same kit as OP, but mounted like wayoflife did on his TJ. First time for me taking the doors off. I really under estimated the weight. But looks good, very functional, keeps the jeep street legal and easy to do.

Quick Reply: My sub-$20 mirror "relocation" solution