Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My D30 build-up thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nicely done! I have the same truss, gussets and skids waiting (a couple of months now) for my buddy to help with the welding Even have the por15 and por15-chassis black ready to go.

Side question - did you cover the inside of the truss with por15 before welding it on the axle?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dyipney
Very nicely done! I have the same truss, gussets and skids waiting (a couple of months now) for my buddy to help with the welding Even have the por15 and por15-chassis black ready to go.

Side question - did you cover the inside of the truss with por15 before welding it on the axle?
I did not. They only way to do it for me was to put it on before I put the truss on and I did not want to have an issue with it any of my welds. I did the best I could getting in and then sprayed an undercoating to the inside of the truss.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Super Freak

So....tomorrow is finally install day. I am going to try to set up the GoPro to get the install!!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Here is a pic of the new axle and a video I took of the install. Not the best video, but I am working on my GoPro skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc4NumRt198&feature=youtu.be
Old 04-14-2013, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by maine07jk
Here is a pic of the new axle and a video I took of the install. Not the best video, but I am working on my GoPro skills.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc4NumRt198&feature=youtu.be
Thats cool man.. Looks good too. I like it!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 PM
JK Freak

Maine. You said no locker in the D30. Does this mean you dont plan on one or are you just waiting until $$$ is available? Im super close to starting my build, but I want to have everything ready to go. My rig is my daily driver and like you, I want the axle out to simplify things. Cant have it down too long. I will actually be building the D30/44 at the same time. Chromoly shafts, G2 R&P 4:88's. the same truss you have front and rear, (maybe inner sleeves on D30). I would like to run an ARB up front for the times I just might need it, but I am runnin a Detroit out back. I hear about blowing R&P's cause the chomos are no longer the weak point, but I figure if I blow anything it will be U-Joints. Thoughts on any of what I posted here? Anyone can chime in too. I like more opinions. But please dont crap on it. If there is nothing constructive to add, please keep it to yourself.. Thx everyone!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

I do not have a locker yet!!! I did not upgrade my shafts because that would make my gears the weakest link. It's cheaper to replaced the axle shaft than the gears. I have an extra set of axle shafts and gears from the axle I bought.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

I'm in the same boat as you are. I put an artec truss on my front axles and replaced the ball joints after they failed. And now that I have snapped a drivers side axle shaft (replaced) and a passenger axle shaft I'm getting some cvs

Quick Reply: My D30 build-up thread