Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Mikes Mirror Mod - for doors off (cheap)

Old 03-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
{snip}
I might put one on to shave with.

so... you have to sleep in your Jeep now too?

Which mod sent the spousal unit into a tizzy? [mine was a new air compressor - technically not even a mod... but she knows where it was leading... and actually, i havent even purchased it yet!)

The seats recline quite well, but you'll end up with kidney compression if you roll around. (oh, leave the doors on at night so ya dont fall out) Do you have any good ideas for showering besides driving around nekid chasing rain clouds? Last time i did that it went and got nice, i was sudsy for weeks...
Old 03-27-2007, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
so... you have to sleep in your Jeep now too?

Which mod sent the spousal unit into a tizzy? [mine was a new air compressor - technically not even a mod... but she knows where it was leading... and actually, i havent even purchased it yet!)

The seats recline quite well, but you'll end up with kidney compression if you roll around. (oh, leave the doors on at night so ya dont fall out) Do you have any good ideas for showering besides driving around nekid chasing rain clouds? Last time i did that it went and got nice, i was sudsy for weeks...
That was good...

I was actually wondering with my 2 door (without the backseat) if there's be any good way to sufficiently pad the floor for a reasonably comfortable bed for two... I'm thinking worst-case-scenario (long road trip with no room at the inn, camping trip where the tent gets mauled by a bear, etc.). Any ideas there?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
That was good...

I was actually wondering with my 2 door (without the backseat) if there's be any good way to sufficiently pad the floor for a reasonably comfortable bed for two... I'm thinking worst-case-scenario (long road trip with no room at the inn, camping trip where the tent gets mauled by a bear, etc.). Any ideas there?
Cut your legs off and store them up front? How bendy are you?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Cut your legs off and store them up front? How bendy are you?
Don't think that amputation is really in the cards... I'm not a skilled ninja doctor, after all. I'm pretty solidly built, but about average in flexibility. I think I could fit, curled up, without much of a problem. It'd probably require moving the front seats as far forward as they'd go, and I'm not claiming it would be the most comfortable way to go, but I think it could be doable... in any case, this is a total thread hi-jack, so I'm going to drop it for now.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok, these mirrors are 0.97 at Wal-Mart. They work great.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Ok, these mirrors are 0.97 at Wal-Mart. They work great.
I don't care, drilling holes in your mirrors is still cheaper! I still win!

Dang, $0.97........ I might just put one on each vent just because they are cheap and I like looking at myself. I'm thinking the center ones might be good for that mini skirt shot. Where was this mod when I was in High School?
Old 03-27-2007, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I might put one on to shave with.

You carry an ax in the jeep with you?
Old 03-27-2007, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by John L
You carry an ax in the jeep with you?
I do! and Bolt cutters.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Hmm.... very clever mod and location, but in CA I'm pretty sure the law specifies that it needs to be an external side view mirror. I did mine for around $16. If someone could clarify the law, though, I'd be happy to go with this -- it's way more slick.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Hmm.... very clever mod and location, but in CA I'm pretty sure the law specifies that it needs to be an external side view mirror. I did mine for around $16.
You could always argue that since there is no door, technically it is an outside mirror.

Quick Reply: Mikes Mirror Mod - for doors off (cheap)