Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

magnaflow exaust

Old 03-29-2007, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If some like diablo wer eto make a chip or ECU reflash then yes technically you could eliminate it. it would likely affect he car come smog time.

I think it is just the idle air controller gradually bringing the RPm's down.

When I test drove an 06 tacoma manual tranny it did the same thing. took for ever for RPM's to drop so you shift while mathcing revs to speed. thats why I went with the automatic.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I thought the sound-clips were good, but I'm not a fan of any muffler that uses any kind of steelwool or fiberglass packing; The packing always breaks apart and rattles around until it finally comes out.

I'm a huge fan of Flowmaster. I had a built-up Tacoma with a V6, and I ran the Super60 muffler... This muffler will sound awesome and kicks serious butt.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

The clips sound great. I think I am going to run two Magnaflows inline, possibly buy the kit and add one under the drivers side. I am hoping they can cancel out most the sound without reducing to much flow, anything is better than stock.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

question...i noticed that stock exhaust system has a small dent on the pipe (when it goes over the rear axle) for extra clearance...

Will this be a problem when putting a full magnaflow system (which i assume has no dent)??
Old 04-18-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

not sure how close it actualy gets with a stock rig but if you lift your jeep then I don't think you'll ever hit it...
Old 04-18-2007, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

good point....
Old 05-18-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ericdewayne
sweet. Ive got a clip of my setup in my signature. Sound pretty much the same?? I havent heard the single magnaflow exhaust yet.
Looks very cool! Where do the two pipes originate? Isn't the cat only a single out? What diameter are the dual pipes? I wonder how the back pressure is (or lack of) ...
Old 05-29-2007, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Got mine done today. First, there is only 1 shop within 30 miles of here that carries Magnaflow exhausts, and they only had 5 on hand. They didn't have a same side offset, but they did have an offset/center with 2.5. I didn't want to go with dual exits, so I chose that one.
Ended up not looking too bad. I wanted the pipe routed out the side rather than the rear. I don't know why, I just like it better that way. It sticks out a touch too far, I might be hacksawing it in the next couple days to get it back an inch or two, but for now I just keep small kids from running into it.

Cost less than $200 total, took about an hour. Fully welded, so less worries of leaks. The exhaust has a mild drone at around 3400rpms, but you can't tell I put an exhaust on at idle. It is very quiet.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Default magnaflow

I had mine done yesterday, 6" by 18". They took the stock muffler off right behind the rear axle were it is bolted on, welded a ninty and put the muffler in the stock location of the old one, the did a ninty out the same location of the factory one was. You can tell the differance in preformance, putting my intake in today, will get pics up this weekend.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

man, i was deadset on getting the magnaflow exhaust until i heard the sound clips. i've been driving a v8 with flowmaster muffler for the past 3 years so the sound of a v6 with an exhaust kills me. i had an exhaust on an old v6 nissan truck before and i liked it. but then i moved up to the 5.3L chevy tahoe and got spoiled i guess.

geez, i was really excited about putting an exhaust on the jeep but i just don't think i can do it :( i guess i'll keep saving for some bumpers

Quick Reply: magnaflow exaust