Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

magnaflow exaust

Old 03-08-2007, 09:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woods well since I "inspired" you I hope your happy with the results. I was going to to with the 14" long one if mine was too loud but I'm happy with what I got...

dose it sound any deeper than the clips that wayolife posted for me ??
Old 03-08-2007, 09:08 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dhoffroad
Woods well since I "inspired" you I hope your happy with the results. I was going to to with the 14" long one if mine was too loud but I'm happy with what I got...

dose it sound any deeper than the clips that wayolife posted for me ??
I'm willing to bet that the 14 is pretty darn close to the 11. Maybe not quite as loud. I'm not willing to say deeper, unless I could hear them side by side.

And thanks for finding these mufflers. I'm very happy with the result.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Off-topic rant. . .

Am I the only one that gets upset when a JK is revved up? Absolutely zero reason for it to take 20 minutes to rev up and come back down to idle. I thought after it learned our driving habits, or a computer flash it would be better, but it's not. Still acts like it has a 200 lb flywheel on it. Beyond sad. (Which is also the reason I almost hate driving our 6-speed. Reaaaaaaaaaaaly wish we'd went with the auto. Nothing fun about the 6-speed in these, imo. The almost laughably notchy tranny doesn't help.)

Anyway, I can see the slow response being a benefit while in the low side but out on the street I want a quicker throttle response.

/rant off
Old 03-09-2007, 07:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Hip2u77
Off-topic rant. . .

Am I the only one that gets upset when a JK is revved up? Absolutely zero reason for it to take 20 minutes to rev up and come back down to idle. I thought after it learned our driving habits, or a computer flash it would be better, but it's not. Still acts like it has a 200 lb flywheel on it. Beyond sad. (Which is also the reason I almost hate driving our 6-speed. Reaaaaaaaaaaaly wish we'd went with the auto. Nothing fun about the 6-speed in these, imo. The almost laughably notchy tranny doesn't help.)

Anyway, I can see the slow response being a benefit while in the low side but out on the street I want a quicker throttle response.

/rant off
Rant well-taken. I have the auto, and have actually been pretty impressed with how well suited it is for the V6. Particulary, in town, if I'm cruising up toward a red light, I can let off the throttle entirely (about a third-mile away, it seems, but that can't be right) and the momentum and engine speed wind-down (slow for the auto, too) keeps the Jeep going nicely... I'm probably gaining a whole 0.1 mpg doing that!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an FYI,

I have two glass packs in my garage from an old project. I plan on using one for my JK here in the next week or so. As soon as I get it installed, I will get some pics and a sound clip on here.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:33 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed a 14" glasspack right behind a Flowmaster Delta 40 series. Sounds good to me, nice low mellow sound, not ricey to me at all.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hip2u77
Off-topic rant. . .

/rant off

It's called emissions. DCX does it on purpose. Having the RPM's drop slower reduces emissions although making quick shifting a bit awkward.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you guys think you could fit a longer muffler in there? I would still want it a little quieter. THe intake is pretty loud as it is.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nader
It's called emissions. DCX does it on purpose. Having the RPM's drop slower reduces emissions although making quick shifting a bit awkward.
I would say awkward is an understatement. Every time I drive this thing I feel like a rookie that's never drove a manual before. And the looks from people around me tell me their obviously thinking the same thing.

I literally HATE driving this thing. I won't even drive it unless I have to. Fiance had never drove a manual before the JK so she's perfectly happy with it as is. I refuse to drive a vehicle where I have to let off the gas 2-4 seconds before I shift so the RPM's won't sit there like it idles at 2k.

And naturally the dealer says this is normal. I honestly can't understand how anyone would like the way these drive. Anyone that's ever drove any other manual before, that is.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nader
Anyone know if a performance chip would fix this?

js.

Quick Reply: magnaflow exaust