Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

magnaflow exaust

Old 02-08-2007, 06:53 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, i am halfway there, i AM broke.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a pass on the tinted windows the day after I brought it home. The 5 new tires the week after I took it home got me sent to the couch. This is probably going to get me a couple of nights out with Oso (English Mastiff)....anybody with a link to a 12 step program?? Seriously though, the magnaflow did make a noticeable improvement. It just doesn't seem to matter to her....I don't know who she is anymore!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKJeepDad
I got a pass on the tinted windows the day after I brought it home. The 5 new tires the week after I took it home got me sent to the couch. This is probably going to get me a couple of nights out with Oso (English Mastiff)....anybody with a link to a 12 step program?? Seriously though, the magnaflow did make a noticeable improvement. It just doesn't seem to matter to her....I don't know who she is anymore!
Mastiff's are cool. So at least you'll have good company. Put the dog in the Jeep and go camping
Old 02-08-2007, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nickc
I want to know how this on sounds! the bigger muffler seems to have a slight ricer sound. i want a loud exhaust that is really DEEP! So how does it sound compared to the other one?
Mine appears to have a louder bark than the one on Eddie's clip. If you want "DEEP" buy a harley. The JK's a V-6 so maybe true dual exhaust dumped out in front of the rear wheeels gets you "DEEP" Most of the sound files are coming from a single pipe out the back. I think Robar has true dual exhaust.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by biglynny
Mine appears to have a louder bark than the one on Eddie's clip. If you want "DEEP" buy a harley. The JK's a V-6 so maybe true dual exhaust dumped out in front of the rear wheeels gets you "DEEP" Most of the sound files are coming from a single pipe out the back. I think Robar has true dual exhaust.
me too
Old 02-08-2007, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ericdewayne
me too
Eric
I think yours is the one that comes to mind- Sorry
Old 02-08-2007, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

yea I'm not sure how much "deeper" it's going to get I can see diff (smaller) mufflers making it louder but the true "deeper" part may be hard to get ??
Old 02-08-2007, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it's time to trade her in for a newer one.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've already got a harley, but now i want my jeep to sound better.

Last edited by nickc; 02-08-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:24 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posting this here, since this is the thread that inspired me.

This is basically the same muffler that dhoffroad used, but 14" long. A magnaflow tech told me that it sould be a bit quieter and deeper sounding.

Link to muffler details;
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=624

Here's a short sound bite

http://www.brettandjillianwoods.com/Video/64tss5d.wav

Quick Reply: magnaflow exaust