Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

magnaflow exaust

Old 02-04-2007, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnaflow exaust

I know I'm not the first here to run this at least I don't think I am but thought I'd post up on the exaust I did for my JK. now this obviously is'nt something someone can do in there garage unless of course they have a exaust tube bender in there...LOL.

so here is what I did. I relocated the muffler to that large empty space under the driver side seat's, reused the original heat shield form the stock muffler location and bent up a little tail pipe section to finish it off. since I did the work myself I don't have allot of money into it but I THINK a shop should be able to do this for arround $200.

oh yea the Magnaflow muffler is a offset/offset 2 1/2" in and out 11" long oval muffler. it tucks up nice dos'nt hang below the frame and still allows room arround it to keep things that shold'nt get hot cool. the sound is good it's not the high pitch "import" sound has a lower pitch, and it's not that loud either crusing down the hwy. at 70 with the overdrive on you can just hear the exaust but when you need to get on it that's when you hear it just like it should be.

here is some pics I'll try to get some type of sound bite or video sound if I can figure out how to down load it to here (any help would be cool)

Thanks to Eddie (wayoflife) here are the sound bites....

the one from inside was taken with the windows up and door closed and the other well you can figure it out.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/uplo...de-exhaust.wmv

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/uplo...de-exhaust.wmv

Last edited by dhoffroad; 02-05-2007 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added sound
Old 02-04-2007, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

nice job. I love being able to actually hear my exhaust.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for this. I won't be doing it my self, but I will print these pics and specs for my exhaust shop.

TFR
(this forum rocks!!!)
Old 02-04-2007, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dhoffroad
since I did the work myself I don't have allot of money into it but I THINK a shop should be able to do this for arround $200.
So how much would you charge for another Jeeper? Want any business from a local? I like the idea of relocating the muffler between the frame rails.

Chip
PM me if you are interested in doing my JK!
Old 02-04-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

yea I too wanted to hear my exaust a little the stock muffler was just WAY to quiet.

I just sent Eddie some clips so if I did it right he'll post them up here for me so you guys can hear it they ar'nt the best clips but the'll do the job.

hey kidjeep I'll PM you righ now.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:17 PM
JK Freak

sweet. Ive got a clip of my setup in my signature. Sound pretty much the same?? I havent heard the single magnaflow exhaust yet.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

yea from that clip they prety much sound the same....
Old 02-04-2007, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

Default Yikes!

Geez I guess I did go smaller than you guys- here's my Magnaflow. I could've had an offset but thought it would be the same as the factory set up - I might have gone a shade lean on muff size. It doesn't sound bad - the screaming banshee begins to wail at about 3k rpm and sounds good under acceleration.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

dh,
Do you happen to have the exact model # of the exhaust you used. The muffler shop I went to looked under the JK and suggested one but I want to make sure it's something somebody has used before.
Thanks
Old 02-04-2007, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

biglynny yea once above 3 grand it gets loud, there is no doubt you can tell when I'm getting on it .

JKJeepDad, I don't have the exact part # on hand but if you tell them that it's just a "universal" 2 1/2" in and out with offset inlet and outlet (on same side) and 11" long they should be able to get the one I used.

Quick Reply: magnaflow exaust