Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

JL Front End Conversion

Old 09-17-2022 | 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

man this awesome, jeep looks great!

Did you mount the flares with the LED's on? If so i would appreciate a write or message on how to. I want to just mount JL rubi fenders on my JK but i havent been able to find any write up. thanks
Old 09-20-2022 | 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jbap2994
man this awesome, jeep looks great!

Did you mount the flares with the LED's on? If so i would appreciate a write or message on how to. I want to just mount JL rubi fenders on my JK but i havent been able to find any write up. thanks
I did not use the factory LEDs. I am running some basic Amazon turn signals as I cut the JL fenders significantly for clearance. Since this post, I have removed them completely.

I have not tried to mount the JL flares on the JK fender but I believe it would take some work to adapt them to fit as I they are not mounted now curved the same.
Old 09-21-2022 | 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by clark
I did not use the factory LEDs. I am running some basic Amazon turn signals as I cut the JL fenders significantly for clearance. Since this post, I have removed them completely.

I have not tried to mount the JL flares on the JK fender but I believe it would take some work to adapt them to fit as I they are not mounted now curved the same.
I see so right now you arent running any flares?

Yeah i assumed they would require some adaption to get them to fit was just hoping you did to see what im getting into before i attempt, only difference is, i would be mounting them to the JK fenders instead of the JL like yourself. Thanks for the reply though.
Old 09-24-2023 | 09:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by clark
Step 5:
Fender Brackets
Once your fenders are in the position you want them, now is when you'll make an adapter bracket to mount them on the JK fender enclosure/frame.
Note - the fender will have some spacing from the frame. There will be gaps since the JL is wider than the JK.

To mount the fenders, I made cardboard templates that ran along the JK fender enclosure and connected to newly cut JL fender. You may have a better way to do this, but I simply marked my JK mounts and then found points where I could secure the JL fender.

Once I was happy with my cardboard mock-up, I transferred the layout to metal. I tried to use as many of the factory 10MM points already in-place.
I used nutserts for the others. Here's the passenger side. I also used nut/bolts to connect the radiator support and bracket (see the two hex head bolts on far right side of bracket).

Here's what mine looked like when installed.
been watching this same post for years now lol my question and if you can also add a pic that would be perfect I took your same approach thanks for sharing I did a different approach with the grill but yours is 1000x better so I’m implementing but my question is what does it look like under the cardboard/custom metal fabrication where the radiator supports meets the fenders being that both ends can’t connect to the jk sub fender frame

Quick Reply: JL Front End Conversion