Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

An Improved Grab Handle Solution

Old 04-27-2009, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize this is an old thread, but if anyone is still looking for a great solution (for cheap) I just bought six "Thermo-plastic Handle on 1in Black Tubular Nylon Webbing" for $3.75ea from strapworks.com and received them three days after ordering - great quality, and now I'm loving the handles (front, rear and seat).

Thanks for the thread!!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txtrav
I realize this is an old thread, but if anyone is still looking for a great solution (for cheap) I just bought six "Thermo-plastic Handle on 1in Black Tubular Nylon Webbing" for $3.75ea from strapworks.com and received them three days after ordering - great quality, and now I'm loving the handles (front, rear and seat).

Thanks for the thread!!
You have pics of these?
Old 04-27-2009, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vgullotta
You have pics of these?
These are the same exact handles as the ones pictured in the original post - you can find them here: http://www.strapworks.com/Shoulder_Pads_p/tph1.htm
Old 04-27-2009, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
After buying them, the guy from the company emailed me because I explained why I was buying them.

He said he just got a big shipment, and is going to decrease the price of shipping a little (at least, that's what he told me). He said he was wondering where this huge run on them came, but apparently someone from here called him a couple days ago as well.

You should ask where's the royalties for turning their product into an official JEEP piece.. Great findings
Old 04-29-2009, 10:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rugged Ridge sells nearly the same thing for only $20 off quadratec
http://www.quadratec.com/products/55012_910X_PG.htm

I bought some and i saw on the directions though no need, it showed there is a place to put them in the front which is in the top corners of the windshield. There are a few bolts up there that you can mount them but they could block vision....? Any pictures of this?
Old 05-01-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Just ordered 4 and will post pics and feedback once they get here...
Old 05-02-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Just wanting to say thanks to German and folks who have pics of this in that thread and this one- what a great mod. I did this with only a small pocketknife to remove the velcro straps and make the bolt holes and a socket wrench; 10 minutes, looks great, works perfectly.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fighterpilotmav
Rugged Ridge sells nearly the same thing for only $20 off quadratec
http://www.quadratec.com/products/55012_910X_PG.htm

I bought some and i saw on the directions though no need, it showed there is a place to put them in the front which is in the top corners of the windshield. There are a few bolts up there that you can mount them but they could block vision....? Any pictures of this?
...I think this is what you're referring to. I personally love the location and don't think twice about them unless I'm grabbing 'em to get in. Never get in the way of my vision. Also, once my brother found out I put these in aftermarket he decided to "test" them and threw all his weight into the damn thing (~200lbs) and the handle held its ground. Didn't budge.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

I bought the RR ones and had the driver side come out of the "pre-set" ring. Ripped right over the washer... I'll take pics tonight. FYI: I'm only 160 lbs and I was just getting in.

Other than that one, the other three are solid.

Any RR guys here wanna help me with a replacement?
Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

I like it. Plus, you get the added benefit of the DIY feeling.

Quick Reply: An Improved Grab Handle Solution