Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Herculining gotchas for JK Unlimited with pics

Old 06-25-2008, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks paramaniac / snowmax3! $130 for herculiner vs $320 for mopar rubber = $190 for fun @ the great canadian ballet! plus the reward of standing back covered in herculiner and saying "yep, i did that and she'll hold" is always a great feeling! thanks for the tips and replies.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn I want to do this or Line-x.........I've seen Line-x in person and really need to see the herc in person.

Anyone in NJ do it yet?
Old 06-25-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

I did mine a few weeks ago and it is wonderful! A few things to remember is to definitely wear gloves! Don't worry too much about the plastic, it peels off pretty easy. I am near Sacramento if anyone wants to see it!
Old 06-29-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone coated their Rubi-rails or anything that has been powder coated in Herculiner? I'm wondering if the prep process is the same or if i would have to take the powder coat completly off before the Hurculiner will bond to it.

Chuck
Old 08-01-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Just ordered Herculiner in Red from autosupermart.com for $135. Has the UV protectant mixed in.
Also consolidated all of Voodoo's comments into a single document with pix and notes from others in this forum as a reference guide.
Going to do this in stages since it is a daily driver.
will post pix as I go.
Thanks for the idea.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

line x will always turn out better, hands down it beats all other liners. You have to see it to believe it. Its like a molded plastic liner and will outlast all others. The finish is much nicer as well.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2! line x
Old 08-03-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve&2jc's
Anyone else have that silacone looking stuff under the carpet in the footwells. It looks like something troweled on like tile cement. I saw another thread somewhere about it and it's supposedly some kind of sound deadening stuff. Some people did remove it but it was a PITA. Can the herculiner be put on top of this or does it have to be removed?
It is for sound deadening, the stuff is very hard but very pourus. When you start removing it, it comes off in chunks. I drilled holes in it in the rear cargo area to allow the mounting of my woods evap canister. I have not lined my jeep yet but I am sure someone on here can chime in for us.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

Did my tailgate and rear cubby yesterday as tests...they look great! No photos yet though!

Make sure that you use GOOD gloves...the ones that came with my kit were garbage and now I like like a con that's been fingerprinted....lol.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve&2jc's
Anyone else have that silacone looking stuff under the carpet in the footwells. It looks like something troweled on like tile cement. I saw another thread somewhere about it and it's supposedly some kind of sound deadening stuff. Some people did remove it but it was a PITA. Can the herculiner be put on top of this or does it have to be removed?
Just paint over it.... At least that's what I did.
PITA to go down deep in the cracks-spacings. You'll have to dab it on with a brush.

Quick Reply: Herculining gotchas for JK Unlimited with pics