Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Help removing decals

Old 08-24-2007, 11:41 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No chemicals! Insert fingernail and peel. A warm sunny day helps or a hair dryer works too if you need it..
Old 10-31-2007, 03:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Base Model - or Full Boat Rubicon?

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I don't think of the Rubicon as being the "best" of the three, and the Sahara as number two. I think of the Rubicon as being the best for someone who spends significant time crawling rocks, the Sahara as best for someone who prefers a little "cushiness" in their everyday ride, and the X as being the best for rest of us. I don't feel like I bought the "low-grade" model, I bought the right model for me. I'm not in the least bit embarrassed by that decision, and having the X on the vehicle matters not a bit to me. :-)
The X-model is the best platform from which to build the Jeep YOU want, with the suspension and body mods YOU want, all in order to ultimately make that Jeep an extension of YOUR own personality.

I purchased the Sahara . . . but given the chance to do it over, I'd have opted for the less-expensive X-model, taken it home, put it in the garage, remove the stickers and then just stare at it . . . . as the plan begins to form . . . .

Rubicons are great for anyone wanting the best in trail capability that the factory can offer. But I've seen X-models equipped with carefully-chosen modifications out-perform a stock Rubicon in every way . . . and for a lot less money than the Rubicon owner paid.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Originally Posted by black07
what is the big obsession with sticker removal?
Some people don't like them. Some do.
Uhh, stickers make you go faster. Look at the Hondas. Want proof, look at nascar, they have all sorts of stickers!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Fishing Line

Fishing line works great to get the Trail and Jeep Badges off.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, but which fingernail? I mean I usually use my index finger, but have people had better success with a middle finger or pinky even? And can someone post pictures? What angle is best to come from, I was thinking maybe upper left then down across! Seriously, I cant believe I just read all 6 pages of this.... someone shoot me in the head
Old 11-28-2007, 09:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Belt sander 80 grit, takes em off just fine. ( disclaimer- this procedure may also remove a large portion of paint with the wrong pressure applyed to the sander, for complete instructions on this procedure send $29.99 to MKJEEP Hammond, La.)
Old 12-27-2007, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default LMAO- Send all unwanted X sticker to me.

Originally Posted by nam6869usmc
Not me,..,every time I get in I pull Visors down read all of them thoroughly, then I get out with my Manual in hand & go through a 10 point check list, I then check all tire pressure, I then get my coverall's on crawl under the JK and check all nuts & bolts for tightness, I then get cleaned up and now ready to go around the corner to get my milk & bread, but now I'm really to tired to go.
Too funny.

I have an unlimited x and like the sticker b/c i used to be called triple X by a few friends of mine. But my x stickers on each side look whimpy and need to be beefed up to XXX on each side. So all you X sticker haters, peel ae off nicely and stick them too wax paper and mail em to me.

A big JK thanks to all participants. I will post pics when complete.

Last edited by picasojo; 12-28-2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: move quote to top
Old 12-27-2007, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

wd-40 works great.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

The only sticker I like is on the soft top. On the front support of the soft top (when top is on) it reads "door and roof are for protection from the elements only and not in the event of an accident". I point that out to the friendly St trooper when he was telling me my doors were for my protection in a crash and I needed to put them back on.. He changed his mind after reading that sticker.. I'm getting an extra one of those to put on the window frame for when I have the softtop completely off(which is most of the summer).
Steve
Old 12-29-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Cruiser
The only sticker I like is on the soft top. On the front support of the soft top (when top is on) it reads "door and roof are for protection from the elements only and not in the event of an accident". I point that out to the friendly St trooper when he was telling me my doors were for my protection in a crash and I needed to put them back on.. He changed his mind after reading that sticker.. I'm getting an extra one of those to put on the window frame for when I have the softtop completely off(which is most of the summer).
Steve
Just peel the sticker off of the soft top and stick it to the windshield header!

Quick Reply: Help removing decals