Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Help removing decals

Old 04-03-2007, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Agreed - I think that those "X" stickers are like some sort of Jeepy "Scarlet Letter," announcing to the world that you didn't want or weren't able to buy all the features, etc., of the other models... and they're UGLY.

I made sure to stipulate at the time I signed the contract that the dealer not put their sticker(s) anywhere on my Jeep... if they wanted me to advertise for them, they were going to have to give me $500 more off my purchase price (and then I'd still have ripped 'em right off!). I like my Sahara stickers, and they look really nice against the Jeep Green, but I'm wondering if I should remove those, for the nice "clean" look. If I do, I think I'll buy some plastichrome Jeep emblems and stick 'em on the sides, down low...

LOL, the scarlet letter, that is perfect as my X is Flame Red. Since I basically have a Sahara without the painted fenders, I really think the X sticker is wrong in any event. I am planning to get a Hummer Recovery Vehicle sticker to replace the X!

Last edited by Torrin; 04-03-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

... in your case it's the "didn't want" part. To each their own, and enjoy your Jeep!
Well, sort of, but not exactly either. I did want the Rubicon--sort of--that's why I built several on the Jeep website and even discussed pricing at the dealership. But, after looking it all over again, I decided that the best fit for me, the one that best met my individual needs and preferences, was the X.

I don't think of the Rubicon as being the "best" of the three, and the Sahara as number two. I think of the Rubicon as being the best for someone who spends significant time crawling rocks, the Sahara as best for someone who prefers a little "cushiness" in their everyday ride, and the X as being the best for rest of us. I don't feel like I bought the "low-grade" model, I bought the right model for me. I'm not in the least bit embarrassed by that decision, and having the X on the vehicle matters not a bit to me.

In the end, I hope that everyone who has a new JK is just as happy as I am, no matter which model they bought, and no matter whether they remove any decals or not. :-)
Old 04-03-2007, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Well, sort of, but not exactly either. I did want the Rubicon--sort of--that's why I built several on the Jeep website and even discussed pricing at the dealership. But, after looking it all over again, I decided that the best fit for me, the one that best met my individual needs and preferences, was the X.

I don't think of the Rubicon as being the "best" of the three, and the Sahara as number two. I think of the Rubicon as being the best for someone who spends significant time crawling rocks, the Sahara as best for someone who prefers a little "cushiness" in their everyday ride, and the X as being the best for rest of us. I don't feel like I bought the "low-grade" model, I bought the right model for me. I'm not in the least bit embarrassed by that decision, and having the X on the vehicle matters not a bit to me.

In the end, I hope that everyone who has a new JK is just as happy as I am, no matter which model they bought, and no matter whether they remove any decals or not. :-)
i agree, from what i read the Rubicon was geared more towards rocks and steep trails and crawling. I live in FL and we have no rocks, and no steep grades really. we have lots of sand, mud, and trails. i think the X is the best fit for me.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by h20squirter
i agree, from what i read the Rubicon was geared more towards rocks and steep trails and crawling. I live in FL and we have no rocks, and no steep grades really. we have lots of sand, mud, and trails. i think the X is the best fit for me.
Bingo,...very well said, in some cases what fit's your WALLET & other's cases what really fit's your needs.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

It was about 55 out here when I took mine off...added a little heat...used my multi-purpose fingernail (sometimes doubles as a flat head screwdriver) and peeled them right off...pretty easy...
Old 04-07-2007, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I made sure to stipulate at the time I signed the contract that the dealer not put their sticker(s) anywhere on my Jeep... if they wanted me to advertise for them, they were going to have to give me $500 more off my purchase price (and then I'd still have ripped 'em right off!)
doh! i wish i'd thought of that!!!

at least they (used) to give a free tire cover that i can use until i get my Crossed Sabres one!!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

Default Stickers

I haven't seen the need to remove any body stickers yet, but by golly, I went ahead and took off ONE of the dealer stickers they put on the back of my keys. Yes, they put stickers on the back of my keys...I will get enough courage one of these days to go ahead and peel off the other sticker, once I can memorize where I bought my JK...

Why is it when you pull out the key from your pocket, the side with the buttons is ALWAYS facing the wrong way...?

glwood
Old 08-23-2007, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by insanitize
I peeled all the the stickers off my Rubi with my fingernails on a warm day and I used fishing line to remove the pasti-chrome Jeep from the grill. All came off with the glue so I didn't need to do anything after removal except wax the areas. In the past when I've removed stickers from other vehicles I've found that a little heat goes a long way and WD 40 works wonders on most glues.
Can you explain how you used the fishing line?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wallerdog
Can you explain how you used the fishing line?
Same way you choke someone with piano wire! Use it like a cheeze slicer between the paint and the emblem/badge.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

The easiest way to remove a decal on paint or plastic is with a can of brake clean. Brake clean will not harm paint or plastic and it evaporates quickly. Brake clean cleans everything

Quick Reply: Help removing decals