Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Help removing decals

Old 04-02-2007, 11:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black07
what is the big obsession with sticker removal?
For me personally, I think the X stickers are garish and ugly, I removed them and the dealer sticker.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Torrin
For me personally, I think the X stickers are garish and ugly, I removed them and the dealer sticker.
Agreed - I think that those "X" stickers are like some sort of Jeepy "Scarlet Letter," announcing to the world that you didn't want or weren't able to buy all the features, etc., of the other models... and they're UGLY.

I made sure to stipulate at the time I signed the contract that the dealer not put their sticker(s) anywhere on my Jeep... if they wanted me to advertise for them, they were going to have to give me $500 more off my purchase price (and then I'd still have ripped 'em right off!). I like my Sahara stickers, and they look really nice against the Jeep Green, but I'm wondering if I should remove those, for the nice "clean" look. If I do, I think I'll buy some plastichrome Jeep emblems and stick 'em on the sides, down low...
Old 04-02-2007, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Holy Carumba

Had no idea this thread would be this popular!!

Just to let everyone know, I took the plunge and went with the "Drink milk, grow fingernails..." method. Worked like a champ. Had a bottle of Bug Off (that stuff that gets the bugs off your grill) and that took the residue right off. Much happier without the "Scarlett Letter".
Old 04-02-2007, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

possum admits to this little known pet peeve of mine. i leave stickers & tags on all my new auto's for as long as im the owner. i still have the original tags hanging from the glove box . ive been doing this for many years. believe it or not if u sell your autos wouldn't it be nice to have original tags hanging & all the paperworks that come with it. my 04 still had tags hangin in 07 my passengers threaten me to tear tags off all the time is there help for me need intervention :confused:
Old 04-02-2007, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=MJS_Jeep_888;57074]Agreed - I think that those "X" stickers are like some sort of Jeepy "Scarlet Letter," announcing to the world that you didn't want or weren't able to buy all the features, etc., of the other models... and they're UGLY.

I agree 100%,...people don't realize that when you get all the upgraded Packages on an "X" then your right up there with the rest(ok close) In my case I had to take the "X" off, I'm going to wear a custom Decal right where the "X"'S were and also Hood Decal's.(Can't put a name on the Decal, Sorry, but I have to respect the Sponsors on here). I'm sure you'll fiqure it out thow.
Don't start, it's not a Rubicon Decal on the Hood, that thread wore me out reading all that mess, you would of thought "ARMYCOP" raped someones Sister.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just removed the entire visor on both sides... they are for sissy's!

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I don't mind them. Except the safety stickers. Why do the safety nuts and the lawyers think we're all idiots? Anyway, what are the recommendations for removing the stickers on the visors?
Old 04-03-2007, 02:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stumpman79
I just removed the entire visor on both sides... they are for sissy's!
Not me,..,every time I get in I pull Visors down read all of them thoroughly, then I get out with my Manual in hand & go through a 10 point check list, I then check all tire pressure, I then get my coverall's on crawl under the JK and check all nuts & bolts for tightness, I then get cleaned up and now ready to go around the corner to get my milk & bread, but now I'm really to tired to go.

Last edited by nam6869usmc; 04-03-2007 at 02:48 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:25 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Agreed - I think that those "X" stickers are like some sort of Jeepy "Scarlet Letter," announcing to the world that you didn't want or weren't able to buy all the features, etc., of the other models ...
Speaking only for myself, I don't agree. I didn't buy the Sahara because, to me, it screamed street ride. Power door locks? Power windows? And it plain old doesn't look as cool (IMHO) with the painted fenders.

As for the Rubicon: Too much of a good thing. I need my JK to get me to the trailhead--whether it's 50 miles, or 1500 miles--from there I'll hike to my ultimate destination.

As for ability to afford: That wasn't an issue for me. But, the money I saved by buying the X permitted me to buy a new camera, a new Aeron chair, new furniture for my home office, and I'm still trying to decide on what 42" plasma TV I want.

As for what everyone else likes: We each have our own opinion and I respect that. Except for those visor stickers. If anyone likes them, keep it to yourself, please!

Edit: Modified last two para's.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 04-03-2007 at 04:36 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Speaking only for myself, I don't agree. I didn't buy the Sahara because, to me, it screamed street ride. Power door locks? Power windows? And it plain old doesn't look as cool (IMHO) with the painted fenders.

As for the Rubicon: Too much of a good thing. I need my JK to get me to the trailhead--whether it's 50 miles, or 1500 miles--from there I'll hike to my ultimate destination.

As for ability to afford: That wasn't an issue for me. But, the money I saved by buying the X permitted me to buy a new camera, a new Aeron chair, new furniture for my home office, and I'm still trying to decide on what 42" plasma TV I want.

As for what everyone else likes: We each have our own opinion and I respect that. Except for those visor stickers. If anyone likes them, keep it to yourself, please!

Edit: Modified last two para's.
While you say you're disagreeing with me, you're just reinforcing what I wrote: You either didn't want or couldn't afford the other packages... in your case it's the "didn't want" part. To each their own, and enjoy your Jeep!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by possumface
possum admits to this little known pet peeve of mine. i leave stickers & tags on all my new auto's for as long as im the owner. i still have the original tags hanging from the glove box . ive been doing this for many years. believe it or not if u sell your autos wouldn't it be nice to have original tags hanging & all the paperworks that come with it. my 04 still had tags hangin in 07 my passengers threaten me to tear tags off all the time is there help for me need intervention :confused:

Dude, you definitely need an intervention. I keep all of my paperwork, but everything else comes off as soon as I get home from the dealer.

Last edited by Torrin; 04-03-2007 at 06:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Help removing decals