Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Help removing decals

Old 03-31-2007, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let me get out my body grinder i will get them off
Old 04-01-2007, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

what is the big obsession with sticker removal?
Old 04-01-2007, 09:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by black07
Some people don't like them. Some do.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by black07
Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Some people don't like them. Some do.
I don't mind them. Except the safety stickers. Why do the safety nuts and the lawyers think we're all idiots? Anyway, what are the recommendations for removing the stickers on the visors?
Old 04-02-2007, 03:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I don't mind them. Except the safety stickers. Why do the safety nuts and the lawyers think we're all idiots? Anyway, what are the recommendations for removing the stickers on the visors?
I peeled these visor stickers off with just my fingernail. I had just driven home from work with the windshield blower on for most of the drive, so the visors were warm already. Here's my technique: Start at one corner, and peel back the sticker... pull it taut (to maintain tension throughout) as you continue to peel it away from the visor. Voila - you're done (and again, if you have residue, use some Goo Gone or WD40 to get rid of the leftover adhesive crap).

I was able to get both off without any ripping, etc., and I should mention that my "fingernails" are regularly bitten down to nothingness, so those of you with REAL fingernails should have no problem.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was starting to leave residue so I hit it with a hair dryer as I peeled and then it left no residue.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:15 AM
JK Freak

x2 - My X stickers came off with no problem, just me and my little fingernail.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

i used a very secretive and unknown technique...

I was waiting for a daughter to get out of school over the winter. Cold as a witche... very cold winter day. had the heat on high and the visors downish 'cuz it was really sunny out.

i was sitting there looking at them, saw a little edge that was lifted...

so like a scab i just HAD to pick at it.

it loosened up (warmed from the heat being on defrost)

i panicked and looked around to see if anyone saw me do it. (I was scared. I hid in the basement for 3 weeks after taking the tags off my couch pillows)

curiosity overtook my self preservation and over-road my manly embarrassment gene... i pulled a little more... a little more came off! i gave up and went for broke! in less than a minute they where gone. No residue, no outlines, no rewaxing? just a nice clean no-sticker aerodynamic & nearly completely uselss sunvisor.

Seriously though. some day when it is warm just peel the silly things off. I had no leftover glue and noone will ever no they are gone. except the 40 odd thousand people who will eventually read this. ok... 5, but work with me here.

Edit: ok, so MJS knew it.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 04-02-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Mine was starting to leave residue so I hit it with a hair dryer as I peeled and then it left no residue.

i try to remember to change my undies before i need to do this, but i'll remember the hairdryer trick...

although i am a bit aprehensive of where you hit yourself with it?

:toung:
Old 04-02-2007, 10:10 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
i used a very secretive and unknown technique...

I was waiting for a daughter to get out of school over the winter. Cold as a witche... very cold winter day. had the heat on high and the visors downish 'cuz it was really sunny out.

i was sitting there looking at them, saw a little edge that was lifted...

so like a scab i just HAD to pick at it.

it loosened up (warmed from the heat being on defrost)

i panicked and looked around to see if anyone saw me do it. (I was scared. I hid in the basement for 3 weeks after taking the tags off my couch pillows)

curiosity overtook my self preservation and over-road my manly embarrassment gene... i pulled a little more... a little more came off! i gave up and went for broke! in less than a minute they where gone. No residue, no outlines, no rewaxing? just a nice clean no-sticker aerodynamic & nearly completely uselss sunvisor.

Seriously though. some day when it is warm just peel the silly things off. I had no leftover glue and noone will ever no they are gone. except the 40 odd thousand people who will eventually read this. ok... 5, but work with me here.

Edit: ok, so MJS knew it.
ROTFLOL!

10 characters.

Quick Reply: Help removing decals