Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Help removing decals

Old 04-26-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually use WD-40.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
What's the point then in buying a Mountain or Islander Edition if you're gonna rip those decals off? Logo embroidered seats?
The decals are the last point. By purchasing my islander y got rubi tires and shocks, hitch receiver (sahara and rubi don't have them at least in my country), the blue theme in seats and steering wheels, both tops and more things with the islander package, like thw thread mats. Mountain edition is almost the same except for the hood black decal and rear lockers (and seats theme of course) but mountain comes only with soft top.
Islander and mountain are package options like sahara and rubicon, but the hood decals are ugly. People don't remove rubicon decals most of the time because theyre not that ugly and hey is good to show you have the rubi!
For me, the best deal for my needs was the Islander, and the decals where the only wrong thing. Thats why they are no more.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

People leave the Rubicon stickers on because unlike all the other Jeeps, a Rubicon isn't just an appearance package.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4fox
People leave the Rubicon stickers on because unlike all the other Jeeps, a Rubicon isn't just an appearance package.
Exactly my point... the Mtn/Island are appearance pkgs. Color, trim, decals...
Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4fox
Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Exactly my point... the Mtn/Island are appearance pkgs. Color, trim, decals...
I disagree with you guys. I think Islander and mountain (don't know about mojave cause haven't seen it in person) are just options like sport, sahara and rubicon. They all have different options with different prices for different needs. Of course they make themes with merchandising purposes, but, come on, rubicon IS a name a name/theme with merchandising purposes... or the trail named rubicon was named after the wrangler?

I see it this way:
Sport : base model
sahara : city option, add power windows, leather seats, color matching fender flares, details like silver details inside, decals (smaller, but still sahara decals) and so on
Islander : base model with rubi tires and shocks, hitch receiver, power windows, blue details inside for the islander theme, dual tops
Mountain : same as islander but only soft top, and added rear locker (of course, they need to sell and add variety and merchandise their products, so, this package come with the mountain decals, bigger and uglier than the islander)
Rubicon : theme name too (for the rubicon trail i guess)... this is the top of the line Wrangler (in my country where we import this jeeps my islander has better tires than the rubicon, and the rubicon does not have the hitch receiver)
So... decals or not, themes or not, appearance or not, i think all of the wrangler models are just different options for different needs (for me, 32" MTs are great option but i didn't need the lockers, so Islander was just the perfect option, plus i like the blu accents inside)...
Anyways.... dinner's ready
Old 04-26-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

i'm a fan of the cleaned up look. everybody knows its a wrangler. plus i don't really want a novel on the side of my jeep.

this trail rated 4x4,X wrangler unlimited... blah blah blah.

to each their own i suppose.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Dang. I wouldn't say islander is better than my sport. Everything is a option.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by arasco85
Dang. I wouldn't say islander is better than my sport. Everything is a option.
Is not if it's "better"... you can make a Sport better than a rubicon if you want and can.
What i mean is that it's not a "decals" thing... why i choose my islander? because it had the tires i wanted and the hitch receiver and i didn't needed lockers or leather seats... and i thought that i was gonna be better for me than purchasing the Sport and then having to get the wheels and tires... they are just offering "starting points" you choose where you want to start from.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

So wait... I think I get it now. I need to start with a bunch of chemicals. Then grow fingernails and wait for a sunny day with my hair dryer and a heat gun wrapped in piano wire. On that sunny day I should bring all that out to the Jeep and use 80-grit sandpaper then 2000 grit sandpaper while waxing and buffing with fishing line. After all that I need to punch a whole in the fender with a electrical tape wrapped screwdriver.

Will this get my Wrangler sticker off?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Just took all my side panel decals off....used a hair dryer to warm up the sticker and it peeled right off. I then used Meguiars cleaner/wax to remove sticker residue. Worked Great!!!

Quick Reply: Help removing decals