Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Heated washer fluid

Old 11-24-2013, 01:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With winter starting to hit us here in the Sierra Nevada Foothills of Northern California, I need to finally to this nice addition (extending the lines and wrapping around rad hose version)

Last edited by k0260; 11-24-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by cheap4tw
Some things to consider before you purchase these:

I didn't see any info on their site about how much refills cost, or if refills are available.
No mention of current draw, either.
It does mention not to connect to more than 14 volts. I believe the JK charging system puts out more than 14 volts.

It says they are heated to 200°. On another place on their site it says 200°C, which is 392°F.

Last edited by ronjenx; 11-24-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013Wrangler
for the people who have done this who live in Canada where have you gotten your supplies at a reasonable price? I tried Canadian Tire this evening and had to deal with people having no clue what I was talking about and finally found some 5/32" tubing but only in packages of about 2' and couldn't find the male-male connectors. I'd like to get this done before the weather starts to get colder. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Also what is the size of the factory tubing? I've seen people using 5/32 and 7/32?
I got mine at Lowe's in the plumbing section, also just got the fittings from there two, male to male. Don't recall the size though, all I did was cut some of the tubing in the parking lot and tried out the different sizes until I got one that fit snugly.

Originally Posted by cheap4tw
I think when I get paid next week I am going to do this mod and order the following:

Washerfluid Heater - AlphaTherm Windshield Washer Heater, Alpha Therm Washer Fluid Heater - Videos, Installations & Reviews

Heated Wiperblades - Everblades Heated Windshield Wipers, Everblade Heated Wiper Blades

I still want to do this mod as the washerfluid heater only produces 3 seconds worth of heated fluid every 20 seconds so hopefully the mod will at least heat the fluid a bit during the downtime.
Post your results! I was looking at these last winter but couldn't really justify the price. Was also worried how much replacement blades were, didn't really want to spend 100 bucks every winter on new blades.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heads up. I had a heated washer system on my Toyota...not sure how cold it gets where you are, but in Canada at -26degrees Celsius, I cracked my windscreen applying hot fluid to a cold window. There was probably a chip in the glass somewhere to start the crack, but it happened fast once the hot fluid hit the window.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Any update on the Everblades heated wiper blades?
Old 12-11-2014, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

**bump** Winter's coming, y'know!!!
Old 12-11-2014, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheTOMizzle
**bump** Winter's coming, y'know!!!
mine still works good after a full year

Quick Reply: Heated washer fluid